Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..ok so its not exactly a Camaro.. but it is a Zeta RWD 2 door V8 and it is blue!!
Picked it up yesterday..

Feels awesome to drive. Great dynamics - feels like a sports car, not a truck.
And everything is blue (even on the inside)!!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Wow, where's the quality control? They put your steering wheel on the wrong side.
Nah...he flipped the pic and then fixed all the emblems. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
GTC, congrats on the new ride. That Ute is bad-ass! Any notable features that will be carryovers for the Camaro? That screen for the radio is larger than the Camaro's....is it a Nav unit?

·
Dark Side Moderator
2,665 Posts
Mission for cat:

Steal Holden Paint and swap out the yellow paint tank at Oshawa

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
GTC, congrats on the new ride. That Ute is bad-ass! Any notable features that will be carryovers for the Camaro? That screen for the radio is larger than the Camaro's....is it a Nav unit?

The center stack looks to be the similar with a few changes to the G8.

Aussies can get Nav.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Doesnt a tubbed out 7.0L Ute sound good? Nice ride!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all...

A quick update on the car so far:
I've done some city driving and some country driving, the more I drive it the more I love it.
It just feels so good to drive, the balance between modern refined car and raw V8 muscle car is just right.. Just like I expect it will be on the Camaro.

To answer your questions:
What does this car share with Camaro?
The camaro is built on the same zeta architecture and i'm sure they utilize many common components under the bonnet.. but they dont share much non-mechanical parts. None of the interior components are shared (not even things like steering columns and stalks)

Big Color screen for Nav? What gives? The camaro doesnt have one of those??
The SS-V model Ive got shares its big color screen with the up-spec Calais model (Nav is available as an option to customers (i couldnt get it on my lease)) Yes - the screen is bigger than Camaro and full-color .. I should note that, Holden customers dont have the option of OnStar nav.. but still.. it would be nice if the camaro had this feature..
The screens (like all electrical components) could not be carried over because Camaro is built on GM's new electrical architecture and the Holden uses a modified version of GM's previous generation electrical architecture.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sweet ride man i like the color and the interior is a little bland to me tho and the e-brake is weird but i like it take good care of it
Ah yes, the e-brake.. never has an e-brake received so much attention!!

Some people don't like it - (yes it looks very weird when it is up) but I actually like it because when it is down (when you are driving) it disappears into the console design nicely.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts