Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I see a shot of the instrument cluster on the new camaro I get the sinking feeling I have seen it before. Now I know why.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I had a friend that had a computer almost exactly like that one. He thought it was cool when my parents got a 8088.

Incidentally, the first computer I ever built (with paper route money no less) was an Intel Pentium 200. Biggest waste of money EVER! MMX came out and became a standard so fast my "200 mhz" 2 GB pentium with 16 MB of RAM and a Matrox 3d card became obsolete faster than I could blink.

Other notable computer moments for me: I sent my first e-mail in 1989 to a pen pal in Africa.
I first got the internet in 1994. I had to pay the startup and first month and any overages. Back then, you only got so many hours per month of internet use (I think it was 300 hours a month for us). It cost $35.99 a month, and the company was "Primenet." Our first connection was blazing fast at 28.8 and our modem was capable of a 33.6 connection! Oh my!

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
*cough-cough* It's hard to see through all these cobwebs and dust, but I think we *cough-cough* hijacked dudes thread with our *cough-cough-cough* vintage ramblings.

Apologies to the OP.:D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
On topic, I look at the 5thgen cluster and see this, when I can block out that ugly Stereo/HVAC unit :lol:

thankfully they didn't bring back the wood-grain.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I remember playing Castle Wolfensteing on an Apple II. Good times :thumbsup:
Remember the game "Aztec"? I wasted many hours playing that game on my IIC. Not really because it was a great game, but because it would always freeze up after you got pretty far into the game.

Anyone else have Coleco-vision?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts