Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no problem with the bowtie on the rear, but the one on the front always seemed a little big with respect to the size of the grill. I mean it's not a pickup truck, so the proportions could have been a little different, IMHO. I would have loved to see the SS badge designed to replace the center bowtie, but it is what it is.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I agree and if I get one and there is no aftermarket one than I will be fabricating something.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I agree and if I get one and there is no aftermarket one than I will be fabricating something.
You'll be making more than one, Brandon! :D

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
When I get one, the first thing that I'll do is replace the bowties. Since mine will probably be Victory Red, the Bowtie will be replaced with the classic "SS" bowtie (black with a red border)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Absolutely....just what I was thinking.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Personally, I'm hoping for something nice in the aftermarket. Perhaps a more subtle bowtie color than gold with a nice body color matched SS running through it. I have no problems advertising the Chevy I'll be driving - I just don't want to do so with an overly obnoxious gold bowtie ;)

·
Registered
102 Posts
I thought the same thing. I'm used to seeing the bowtie completely removed when the car is upgraded to an SS or RS. In fact, the SS and RS emblems are too small IMO to be seen at a reasonable distance.

Larry

·
Registered
313 Posts
hmm.. almost nobody likes the bowtie on the front.. and over at the Pontiac G8 forums they are all de-badging their G8's

Why do so many people take badges off their GM cars?
Is it the way it looks? the heritage references? or is it that it reminds you of the cheaper cars from the same brand??

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
hmm.. almost nobody likes the bowtie on the front.. and over at the Pontiac G8 forums they are all de-badging their G8's

Is it the way it looks? the heritage references? or is it that it reminds you of the cheaper cars from the same brand??
I debadged my Magnum the first week I bought it. It just looks 'cleaner', IMO and it's an easy way to personalize a vehicle.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts

Most people don't like the big ugly Gold colored bowtie. BAD color choice and yes a little too large in size. I know of a couple places that do emblems so it won't be long before they start offering different colored badges.

I don't know if I'll debadge my G8 or not. When I tell people I bought a new Pontiac they aren't too impressed. When they see my car they all want to take a look inside and ask alot of questions.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts

Normally I wouldn't debadge a car, never have before. But I want the "throwback" here, in that I want the "SS" in the front center of the grill where the bowtie is. Heck, even Ford doesn't put the "oval" on the Mustang, they put the horse there. Every will know it's a Chevy already, it doesn't need the bowtie.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Normally I wouldn't debadge a car, never have before. But I want the "throwback" here, in that I want the "SS" in the front center of the grill where the bowtie is. Heck, even Ford doesn't put the "oval" on the Mustang, they put the horse there. Every will know it's a Chevy already, it doesn't need the bowtie.
My thoughts exactly.

Just like Corvette does not need bowties on it.

Who doesn't know a Camaro is a Chevy? Especially if it says SS in the middle of the grille. Same as if it had a RS in the middle or a Z28 emblem offset with no bowtie.

This is what I think.

SS- no bowtie on front, SS in middle (see sig pic)
RS- Same as above, but RS
base- bowtie in middle

BTW if I had a Pontiac G8 it would have chevy bowtie emblems on it, because it would have the Luminia kit on it.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Point counter point....

I would imagine GM probably thinks it was "saving money" by only offering a gold bowtie for even performance versions of a car instead of red like normally they did in the past.

I say they could have left it off the front for two reasons...for one, they could save even MORE money by leaving it off. It just doesn't "flow" well IMO. Also, probably nobody in a Mustang is going to see the front end anyway.

I'm not keen on the idea that the bowtie covers about 3 acres and the SS emblem placement is too small. Plus it's GOLD! Eew. IMO, they should have a big SS emblem in front/back center in place of the bowtie with a small bowtie up above it on the spoiler or trunklid. Whatever color bowtie you want, just de-emphasize the bowtie and emphasize the model designation.

I'm sure the aftermarket will have a "fix" for that.

Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts