Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:5go:So here it goes! Like the title says I love my wife dearly, she is absolutly the best thing thats ever happened to me. But when we went to order our car she had to have black. I love the look it is definatly sexy but I tried to talk her into silver. Because the Camaro is her daily driver and I know how bad it is to maintain that black finish and keep it looking clean. But more than that I know my wife. Its like shes afraid of the car wash. So I told her if you have to have Black your going to help keep it clean. I beleive her exact words were honey if I get this car I wont have any problem taking it to the car wash. Who wants to take a guess how many times shes washed the car?....................................................................... Thats right 0. I have washed and waxed that car since we got it. Now her argument is that she doesn't think it's that dirty when I wash it. What does that mean, not that dirty. Just buy saying that she is saying it's dirty. Black Camaros are beautiful when they are clean, but they lose that awsome look as soon as they get a little dirty. Maybe I just need to let the car look like [email protected]#t. But then I think that reflects on me and how I maintain our vehicles. Am I just a spaz or can any of you guys feel my pain. Ladies of I sound like a fricking nut job let me know. I just need to know am I justified in my frustration or am I a spaz.
Thanks and God bless..........
:5go: 4life

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
black is a be-otch to keep clean... and if she wanted black and promised you she would keep it clean, then she needs to uphold her end of the bargain. she prolly knows you'll just wash it when it gets dirty and she's playing that game. i say, just let it get funky as hell and see how long it takes her to wash it.

from a ladies perspective, taking it to the friggin car wash ain't even hard. i never take mine to a car wash and always use a soft lambswool mitt and all my Zaino layers... but then again... i am super meticulous when it comes to my nice cars. she doesn't even have to do all that by taking it to the car wash so she has no excuse.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have had so many black cars its rediculous lol. They are def the best looking car when they are spotless but if you drive down the road a couple blocks well lets just say you need to wipe it down again lol. I tried to keep my 95 as clean as possible. I would even clean it up real good before going to the dragstrip and my buddies would all laugh at me and say I was crazy for doing so. I am a fanatic about keeping the Camaro's clean, even though this time I opted for a different color than black ;)

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
my fiance never cleaned her car since the day she got it, and always forgot when the oil needed to be changed.

the end result was a POS car with oxidation along the entire hood, roof, and trunk. and it runs like crap. thank god newer vehicles have a oil indicator light, because she once went 10,000 miles without changing it, and asked me why her car was acting funny (facepalm!)

i fear i will be the one to maintain all the vehicles once we get married!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I had my black car and will never do that again.

However come on man its a sports car. part of owning it and another fun part is spending the quality time with it cleaning it.

I take pride in cleaning my vehicles I just wont ever own a black car again.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I know, that black is the most awesome color. Fur sure! When your young. Its worth it. But when your older. The effort to keep it clean fades. Still envee the Black on Black look. Just not willing work that hard anymore. Silver is the easist color to keep clean...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts