Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A 2010 or 2011 VW GTI!
I went to a vw dealership with my dad. I really like it.

My dad wants me to get a 4 cylinder car, so if im not getting a camaro why not a 4 cylinder turbo that does not look ricer. Personally i think it looks really cool and feels fast even though is not that fast :lol:
what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
They hace some carbon type rims that IMO looks better on black..

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I would but my dad wants me to get an automatic transmission which the cobalt ss does not offer.:(
So he doesn't want you to learn how to drive stick and instead just drive while texting, distracted by little random things instead of paying attention to the road and rowing gears?

I feel sorry for you. Having a parent or someone else involved in a car purchase can be both a blessing and a curse. However don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

It took me 8 years to get my first V8 car, and my first Manual transmission. Your time will come. Until then if he's willing to give you car I suggest this. Make sure you get the LS8. :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So he doesn't want you to learn how to drive stick and instead just drive while texting, distracted by little random things instead of paying attention to the road and rowing gears?

I feel sorry for you. Having a parent or someone else involved in a car purchase can be both a blessing and a curse. However don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

It took me 8 years to get my first V8 car, and my first Manual transmission. Your time will come. Until then if he's willing to give you car I suggest this. Make sure you get the LS8. :D
I don't text and drive don't worry. He is buying me a "brand new car" and I am thankful. I don't think I am in the place to be picky about a car. Later on when I have time hopefully I will buy me a third gen f-body with a manual tranny.
btw your car is awesome :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dad made me get a automatic for my 2nd vehicle..it bothered me for the 3.5 years I owned it. So I went into massive debt buying a new manual car, lol.

Talk him into letting you get a Camaro V6 Auto instead. Around the same price..and it's a Camaro! ;)
It's also not a VW, double win!
I did... for a whole year (no kidding). But whatever, it is better than a stupid honda civic.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
No need for debt until your out of college.

Don't waste the money, buy a beater, and down the road buy a camaro if thats what you want.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
i actually like the looks of those gti's. i personally wouldnt buy one, but theres one in my area. its white with black tinted taillights. all debadged. looks very slick.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just came from owning a couple of euro cars. I had a 01 Jetta then I bought a 07 Audi A4. I modified them both quite a bit but they were always lacking in power. Plus I hate fwd cars now.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
ive never liked front wheel drive cars. not as fun to drive.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A 2010 or 2011 VW GTI!
I went to a vw dealership with my dad. I really like it.

My dad wants me to get a 4 cylinder car, so if im not getting a camaro why not a 4 cylinder turbo that does not look ricer. Personally i think it looks really cool and feels fast even though is not that fast :lol:
what do you guys think?
Looks like the best place to park it too... :lol:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yeah, like said above, a V6 Camaro starts at about the same price as the GTI starts at.

Get a Camaro! :thumbsup:
I did told my dad to get me a camaro, i used every single information i've found in this site but he wants me to get a 4 cylinder car :(

Even if I get a camaro or not I will hang out here. Other forums are boring. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I did told my dad to get me a camaro, i used every single information i've found in this site but he wants me to get a 4 cylinder car :(

Even if I get a camaro or not I will hang out here. Other forums are boring. :thumbsup:
OK, your dad wants you to get an automatic transmission, 4 cylinder, German car... be sure to wrap yourself in bubble-wrap before you get behind the wheel, just in case! :lol:

Methinks your dad is more concerned about the perceived safety of the vehicle and decreasing the risk of accidents (think less showboatin :D) than anything else. In that case the GTI is probably the best compromise.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts