Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my cv axles with 1400hp rated axles well I just did a practice launch and it destroyed my rear diff! Does anyone know if the cts-v steel housing will fit an SS Camaro? If not where can I get a good steel one? The aluminum is not gonna be able to hold the power running to it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Sorry that it happened. I'm sure its not cheap. But as some one that has destuctor'd a lot of my own stuff, I would like to see the carnage if you have pictures.

Edit: I work for a Cadillac dealer. I can snap a picture of a rear diff housing then next time one comes in if you want to compare pictures.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I replaced my cv axles with 1400hp rated axles well I just did a practice launch and it destroyed my rear diff! Does anyone know if the cts-v steel housing will fit an SS Camaro? If not where can I get a good steel one? The aluminum is not gonna be able to hold the power running to it.
how much power are u running to the wheels?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I know you have axles already but maybe he has the diff separately or you could sell your axles:
DSS

These guys have some thing as well but their customer service and warranty practices are crap in my personal experience:
GForce1320

·
Registered
217 Posts
did you reinforce the differential with a stronger diff cover like you should have? and the carrier with poly bushings?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Was there any wheel hop? If so, that will destroy any rear. But if it was a hard hook launch and then broke look at the 9" conversions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts