Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i can't post this on fb cuz i'm trying to keep everything a surprise for my hubby so that's why i have to reach out here

know right off the hop that ya'll have full permission to laugh at this post, but i really really need some help/advice from the girls here

ok so some of you know that we're going to mexico in 13 days and i want to surprise hubby with two things

one is this as a valentines day surprise for us

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/tours/rhythms-of-the-night

second when we go to this i want to be dressed like a girl. for those that don't know me well enough, here's the run down. i am NOT a girly girl. i own two dresses (my grad gown and my brides maid dress from my brother's wedding). so i really really want to surprise hubby and put on a dress and some break neck heels to go to this

now here's my problem :(

i have never, nor did i think i would ever, have to learn how to walk in shoes like this. i tried them on in the store and didn't fall over so i bought them. now i have 13 days to figure out how the hell to walk in them and not look like a complete idiot or break my neck while trying to walk in them

could you girls please give me some advice/tips on what i should do to learn how to walk in these ridiculous things

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ya'll have full permission to laugh at this post, but i really really need some help/advice from the girls here
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

so happy I'm not a woman.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

good luck!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
My wife walks in heels three-four days out of the week, so its no big deal for her, I bought here a pair of Bebe by Kardashian boots for X-mas, with the super skinny,high heel....it's like she is learning to walk all over again...Good Luck in two weeks Kitty.. Not sure if this will help, but I searched it quick..

http://www.ehow.com/how_16007_walk-high-heels.html

Also my wife says maybe you should try a platform high heel shoe or anthing with a 2" heel or less, they're a little easier to walk in...Not sure if any of this help...Powerfreak said it best...glad us dudes dont have these issues...

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm not much of a girly girl either, Kitty. But one of my friends suggested to me to borrow a pair that aren't as high from a friend, get used to them and then go to the higher ones. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds logical. Good luck and have fun on your trip!! I'm sure hubby will love it!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the link rodster. i'll read that at work today

and thanks for the good lucks everyone it'll be interesting to say the least.

the real fun part is going to be trying to find a dress on sunday

i'm gonna try talking the shoes with me to work for the next little bit and if it warms up enough that i'm not worried about my toes freezing off i'll put them on and walk around at work for a bit of trial and error. and then proceed to watch all the guys i work with laugh their asses off at me too hahha

and sunshn i've worn platform heels before with a little lift it's just these tiny little heels that scare me

·
Registered
60 Posts
and sunshn i've worn platform heels before with a little lift it's just these tiny little heels that scare me

I hear ya. Not much room for error right there.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
kitty, if you dont get much responce from the girls here, ill try on my wifes heels and give you some pointers tomorrow> :lol:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Hey Kitty...I would like to be of some help here...but I'm the only person I've ever heard of that shattered their leg (5 separate ankle breaks and my tibia and fibula in pieces) just walking through my kitchen. My husband said with my resume, I should keep my mouth shut. Haha...not likely. :D

Personally, I don't think your going to accomplish much unless you can walk gracefully in the heels. And the higher you go...the harder it is. There is no real tip besides practice, practice, practice. (helps with the blisters too) If after some practice, you are still having problems, get different shoes. Don't leave your future hubby with the vision (and the story) of you, in your beautiful dress, flat on your face.

I checked out the excursion...will you be walking on sand...cause if so...forget the extra high heels. They're a trap! (waiting to get stuck in the sand and then they'll throw you like a rodeo bull)

But if you decide to stick with the extra high heels...remember...nothing looks sexier than a beautifull lady in bare feet holding her high heels. :thumbsup:

Good luck girl! ;)

Just FYI...here's a link on a recent study about men and high heels:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/21/study-men-dont-notice-if-women-wear-high-heels/

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well apparently i stomp when i walk hahahahah

my controller and our ar/ap girl have been laughing their asses off at me when i tried to do the stairs

i found rub points already from the shoes and got that bandaged up so no blisters.

and i have been planning to take my sandles with me just incase i can't cut it the entire night in these shoes. i'm totally cool walking barefoot in the sand that doesn't bother me, but i really want the "full" effect for this night

the hair, the shoes, the dress and even jewellery. all of which i have to go shopping for. well not the hair that's kind of already attached lol

it's going to be so out of the ordinary from what i normally wear that i really want it to be special for him

so i will do the wear on/wear off at hour intervals and make sure that if i have to greet a customer to put my boots back on hahaha

EDIT: we just measured and they are indeed 4" stiletto heels :eek:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
kitty, if you dont get much responce from the girls here, ill try on my wifes heels and give you some pointers tomorrow> :lol:
hahahah holy hanna i wanna see the pics of that just for the sake of seeing you in the heels

funny part is you would probably still be able to walk better in them then i can :lol:

1 - 20 of 84 Posts