Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever wonder if they might bring back the previously offered I-ROC package...Just curious

·
Registered
19 Posts
**** thats something i wish i would have thought of for the focus group post, i know tons of people, including myself, that would love to have the iroc back or some sort of heritage package of that sort!

·
Registered
742 Posts
That would be insane if the I-ROC came back! I say why not theres like millions of models of mustangs lets bring some classic models to camaro!
so true, IROC Z would be hot...what was the difference in the 3rd gen, some suspension components and appearence???

·
8,984 Posts
I hope the hell not.

I loved the race, but hated the stickers.

The conotation that IROC drivers gave the CAMARO were terrible.

·
Registered
330 Posts
never really saw the IROC races, but i love the idea of racing lots of camaros nicely equipped... i mentioned this a long time ago also, not only bring back the name, ...but bring back the race... with real IROC's would be better then nascar by far... why race 4 door sedans, when there are SPORTS/MUSCLE CARS available...

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Does IROC even exist or even relivant anymore? They still running the outdated Firebird body style with no mention of the Poncho name?

No IROC has nothing over NASCAR. ..as much as I hate to say it. But the idea has crossed NASCARS mind for the Bush series. Mustang, Camaro and Challenger as cars that are diffrent than the Nextel Cup cars.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I don't think there's a need for an IROC. I'd hate to see the Camaro have a million different sub-models like the new Mustang. The Mustang's "special" models are ludicrous. GT, Cobra, Saleen, and Standard. That's all they needed, but they have 2 Different Shelby's, a "Boss", a "Roush", a "California Special Edition," among others.

Personally we just need an RS, SS, and Z-28. I don't see any reason to make special editions that would cross into the Corvette Price range. The Mustang is the only thing Ford really has. But as soon as a Camaro crosses into $40K, there's no reason NOT to buy a vette.

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
True, but Ford Also Has there "Amazing" GT..... Mustangs reach Into There Pricing Zones and People Still Eat Them Up.
I'd considered mentioning the Ford GT, but I don't consider the GT as the next step up from the must, so much as an italian "stuper" car. At $150Gs, the Mustang would have to get pretty pricey to even come close to that mark. The closest it's got are the $70K "market value" GT500s.

·
Registered
170 Posts
They Sell Full Race kitted Roushs 100k Plus, After you buy A GT500 You Can Get the Super Snake Package Which Puts you Into The 100k And A Few Otheres Reach Up Into 100k. i didnt Know GT's went For 150k I was Thinkibng 100k sorry

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
MSRP on the Gt was 129K however most sold for close to 200k I know several sold over that mark as well they had some special "heritage" edition went for 280.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts