Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a scale model, pull it apart, paint the seats and trim accent package orange, along with the engine cover. Put on some race stripes and add a sunroof ... and what do you have? Mini Me!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your gonna be one of those guys that puts it on top of the motor at car shows, arent you?
ummmm ... NO! I had it given to me by my inlaws ... so had to make it look like the real deal. I'll just leave it in the garage where it belongs.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
:lol:

i did the same to my model, but i just painted the outside. it sits on a shelf in my closet. i accidentally broke the windshield while painting so i just took all the "glass" out

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Now this is my MINI ME, 1/64th scale HO Thunderjet custom built body, raced every Friday night on 6 lane track with a bunch of die hard T-Jet racers at Mikes Hobbies in Carrolton Texas.
I get to drive the real SS to the track and get to race the "Mini Me' ...best of both worlds!:lol:

Attachments

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I found Envy's mini me with no modifications needed. When I saw it online I knew it was a 1970 split bumper, my favorite G2 style, in green no less. But when it came in the mail, not only was the paint a perfect match, the plates read "71 ENVY". My first Camaro was a '71 and my current Camaro's name. I thought it was a pretty cool coincidence. :thumbsup:

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found Envy's mini me with no modifications needed. When I saw it online I knew it was a 1970 split bumper, my favorite G2 style, in green no less. But when it came in the mail, not only was the paint a perfect match, the plates read "71 ENVY". My first Camaro was a '71 and my current Camaro's name. I thought it was a pretty cool coincidence. :thumbsup:

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]
That is so cool! ... meant to be!

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Wow, great find !, time to find a 2010 1:18", maybe have yo husband mod it to match Envy's Mini me, that would be sweet ! :D
My husband...are you kidding...he's not exactly a car guy.

I did order a 69 1:18 scale...and I have a bottle of SGM (left over) ready for my airbrush. I think I can model the hood scoop from some bondo. If I ever get it done...I'll add a pic here of "maxi me"...lol. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts