Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Original thread: http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6634

hey guys,

i just signed up here :D anyway, on the way home today, i *spied* a camaro prototype in what is probably the close-to-final production form!!! :lol: it was for a movie shoot. photos attached

it was in ss trim, meaning a v8? automatic, silver w/ black interior. i have to say, it was BEAUTIFUL. i had my doubts 'cuz the camaro concept i saw at the la autoshow was HUGE, which seemed to be the trend of retro muscle cars. the mustang is about one or two sizes too large and the new challenger is also ginormous. the styling of this new camaro is quite a success and really wow'd me. it didn't seem oversized at all and is in fact (at least seemed) quite a nice compact size for a sporty car. the tail is high and sufficiently short, with nice but not overly cluttered details. the front is aggressive and but not overly showy. and when seen direct front on it looked pretty wide and a bit menancing. the profile is simple and nice. there're lots of edges and lines like the c6 'vette, and overally there was not a fault w/ this design seen in person by me. i also got a look at the interior, which is really a good mix of retro styling cues and modern slick look. i especially like the 4 gauges on the center console

one other interesting thing, this car had a moonroof, which looks a bit funny on a muscle car. the moonroof shows how wide the car is, and also that it looks like the production version lost the twin-bubble roof look of the concept car stolen from the c6 'vette. that's all ;)

As referenced this car could be a studio version. I was watching tv tonight and saw an ad for a new show called 'My Own Worst Enemy". Low and behold... Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of that distinctive B-pillar and quarter panel. And then the full shot............. An apparent COMPLETE Camaro promo model!

Here's the link to the show's site...

http://www.nbc.com/My_Own_Worst_Enemy/

All they have on there, thought, is a couple pics of Christian Slater (Main Character) sitting in it. Keep an eye out for the ad on NBC!!!

·
Registered
318 Posts
AWESOME find! We get TWO interior shots on that site, on his "Secret Agent" side. :D You can see on-wheel controls, seats, partial steering wheel (twice), and a bit of the dash. Also looks like a mildly interesting show. Sounds a bit cheesy, but good.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Hrrrrrm. I'm still going to watch this, of course, but you know its a sign of desperation when you start seeking inspiration from not-very-good Jim Carrey movies. :)

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Good find with that Camaro info :5go:

Hrrrrrm. I'm still going to watch this, of course, but you know its a sign of desperation when you start seeking inspiration from not-very-good Jim Carrey movies. :)
Great find with those images, Me, Myself & Irene is pretty funny :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Mini-van for regular life, Camaro for secret-agent life. Yes!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.