Modern Camaro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some maintenance on the car yesterday. It was pretty hot outside. I think I dumped in a little windshield washer fluid into the oil spout. I figured I would just turn it over it would crank, and no one would ever tell the difference. Well, I was wrong. I turned it over, it hesitated, and I heard a loud cracking noise. The engine would not turn over. I think I cracked my camshaft in half.

I called GM on the phone, and (I think I heard laughing in the back ground) while I was describing my problem to the local service shop.

I was thinking maybe I could rebuild the motor, but it looks like the only rebuild kits for the motor are performance orientated. I want to keep my car stock. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
not that it really matters at this point but how much washer fluid got in?

·
Registered
332 Posts
um hmhh. well i guess it happens to most sooner or later. should have drained the oil and replaced. gm wont cover that, so your probably looking at an expensive replacement. time for a rebuild i say...just dont tell gm and it will never void your warrenty

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah this was a slight blunder. It was hot, I was drinkin, and I started dumping it in. Anyways, I thought cranking her would burn it out. I have never cracked a camshaft before. I am just amazed at how bad of luck I have had with my new car.

Well looking on the bright side, I am going to try and sneak this threw the cracks at GM. The car is less than two weeks old, so it may look legitimate. They said I am probably the first person to blow a 5th Gen engine, V8 or V6. So I guess I have made some 5th Gen history...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Are your threads for real? You lose your door in the McDonald's drive-thru, and now this?

You are either getting a laugh out of these ficticious events, or you should hand in your keys immediately.

Just so anyone who missed the OP's thread can be enlightened...
http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14742

·
Banned
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are your threads for real? You lose your door in the McDonald's drive-thru, and now this?

You are either getting a laugh out of these ficticious events, or you should hand in your keys immediately.
No news is good news. I have had my car back for a week, tomorrow. Now this happened. I really haven't had much good news. I took her out for a few quick cruises, and now this.

No it is a camshaft. I had my wife come out to crank the engine. When she cranks it, you can tell it is the cam shaft by using a piece of wood to here it move on one half of the motor, but not the other. I feel like a total jerk.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I call BS....what a waste of time to read this.....Mods should delete this one and if this keeps up they should look at banning this user! :thread:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts

anyone who believes this guys post must be a total moron.

of course you were smart enough like me as in to read his last 11 post and seeing the mcdonalds threads im convinced this guy is wasting our time on here and his own.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I call BS....what a waste of time to read this.....Mods should delete this one and if this keeps up they should look at banning this user! :thread:

X2:angry:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm telling you between the door at McDonalds and now washer fluid down the oil spout :confused:, I'm not sure if this is bad luck or bad genes.

I am from Wichita, and Lakin is 230 miles west of here, come on Dude, you're making us Kansans look like a bunch of dumb as###, are you for real?

If so, I hope my credit union didn't finance your car!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Please trade your Camaro in for a Mustang...before you cause any more damage. OR...if this is all BS, go troll somewhere else.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well, after reading the first post I was thinking BS, and then when someone reminded us that this was the same jerk that screwed up his door at McDonalds I KNEW it was BS!!!!! Go troll somewhere else:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.