Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Invitation from Settlemire to "exhibit" your Camaro at the GM Tech Center on Thursday, same day Rick Waggoner was reported by FREEP to be announcing Camaro production. Coincidence? Mightly big coincidence if you ask me.

Text of email
-------------------------------------

GM Tech Center - Camaro Rally -- Aug 10th.......

Many of you have talked about gathering your Camaros (and Firebirds) in
front of the GM Tech Center to send a message to GM that you want to
see the Camaro Concept make it to production.

Classic Chevy International and World Wide Camaro are having a show at
the GM Tech Center in Warren, Michigan from Thursday, August 10th to
Saturday, the 12th. This is the perfect time to gather and let GM know
your feelings.

Plan to be at the GM Tech Center on Thursday morning, the 10th at
10:30. You will enter thru the Van **** entrance -- and proceed to the
“Amphitheater” -- we’ll have signs leading you there. (see directions
below)

Directions to the General Motors Technical Center:

Interstate 75 to Interstate 696 East. Exit at Van **** Avenue. Turn
left onto Van **** Avenue. You will be traveling north. Cross over 12
mile road and get into left hand turn lane at traffic light directly
across from Campbell/Ewald Building. GATE 9

Signs will guide you to the Amphitheater. We’ll have ample parking for
Camaros!

YOU MUST HAVE THIS INVITATION TO GAIN ENTRANCE TO THE TECH CENTER---AND.......(here’s a bonus) ---

>>We’ll be giving tours of the GM Heritage Center<<<

-- again, you MUST have this invitation with you........we’ll have a desk set up at the Amphitheater where you will sign up for the Heritage Center tour-- we’ll give you directions -- and this invitation will be your entry into the Heritage Center. Tours will be from 2 to 5 that afternoon.

I realize this is a last-minute plan and I apologize for this. However, I know many of you feel very strongly about showing GM your passion for the Camaro -- and the bonus is that if you do attend, we’ll allow you to view a nice representation of GM’s Heritage Collection -- cars from 1902 to the future -- including many concept cars from the 40s, 50s, --right up to the present.

I hope to see you there!

To sign up to participate in World Wide Camaro Show, simply go to:

www.worldwidecamaro.com -- and click on 1956 Chevy 50th Anniversary Show..........

Directions to the General Motors Technical Center:

Interstate 75 to Interstate 696 East. Exit at Van **** Avenue. Turn left onto Van **** Avenue. You will be traveling north. Cross over 12 mile road and get into left hand turn lane at traffic light directly across from Campbell/Ewald Building.

Signs will guide you to the Amphitheater. We’ll have ample parking for Camaros and Firebirds.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
man, if it wasn't sooo far from here

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wished I could go....

Bill
:D

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
sounds good i might go if i do its going to be bout an 11 hour ride for me i think it would be worth it though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Camaro Nats?

I used to go to the C nats there. It first started in 84 I believe. Still in high school I aspired to one day have a Camaro in that show. I did and won my class in 97. have not been there since. I heard that show does not exsist anymore is that true and when did it stop?

Thursday hummm. Getting out of work would be tough. I would love to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts