Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend whom I have been writing about has finally bought a car. He got a MUSTANG!!! :eek::eek::eek:

WTMFF?? I have been telling him all the great things about the Camaro and how stupid the mustang is!

He said he got the Stang because the Chevy dealer here is doing a $15,000 dealer markup :eek: Because GM doesn't have enough money to make all that were preordered and many people who did preorder will not be getting their Camaro! :eek: I have heard nothing of this!

He also told me the GM CEO is being fired :eek:

Is my dealer full of ****e or is this all true?

BTW, he gave a ride to me now, and I was actually satisfied...

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
You should not be friends with him anymore... I actually met Bob Lutz when he was at GM it was awhile ago but i got to shake his hand. He was on the Colbert Report

·
Registered
131 Posts
Believe it or not its true...a dealership here did the same thing, or I guess I should say TRIED, to do the same thing to me. put a $10,000 "market adjustment". I told em where to shove it and found another dealership in Denver. They think their customers arent looking around, well, their wrong. Good luck trying to convince Ford guys to get off their "high horse" lol:D

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Believe it or not its true...a dealership here did the same thing, or I guess I should say TRIED, to do the same thing to me. put a $10,000 "market adjustment". I told em where to shove it and found another dealership in Denver. They think their customers arent looking around, well, their wrong. Good luck trying to convince Ford guys to get off their "high horse" lol:D
:lol:

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Wagoner of GM is fired, yes. Markups are gay, but it's also influenced by a little thing called hype. Your friend is brainwashed, and GM has to get out over 15,000 Pre-Orders- yes they're gonna be backed up. GM's financial woes won't affect the Camaro.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
What year mustang?

I know this site is Camaro oriented, but there is nothing wrong with the mustang. Would you rather have him in a honda?

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What year mustang?

I know this site is Camaro oriented, but there is nothing wrong with the mustang. Would you rather have him in a honda?
2009, V6, Dark gray with sweet sound system, "Pony Package":lol:, Automatic

He tested the 370z, but he threw the pedal down too far, so he couldn't get a car with more than 300hp :lol:

Thats why he got the V6

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
2009, V6, Dark gray with sweet sound system, "Pony Package":lol:, Automatic

He tested the 370z, but he threw the pedal down too far, so he couldn't get a car with more than 300hp :lol:

Thats why he got the V6
So instead of a ten second car (camaro) he got a ten minute car (mustang) :D

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Brilliant, just brilliant. Did this guy pass the second grade? Fluent in english? He's not dyslexic? I understand he's a friend and all, but wow, to make a buying choice based on the information you've given us makes this guy seem a little..... light in the frontal lobe area. In any case, you'll be able to beat the crap outta his Mustang on any occasion that he chooses, so, oh well.

And no, I would not rather he drive a Honda, no one in their right mind should have to endure that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brilliant, just brilliant. Did this guy pass the second grade? Fluent in english? He's not dyslexic? I understand he's a friend and all, but wow, to make a buying choice based on the information you've given us makes this guy seem a little..... light in the frontal lobe area. In any case, you'll be able to beat the crap outta his Mustang on any occasion that he chooses, so, oh well.

And no, I would not rather he drive a Honda, no one in their right mind should have to endure that. :thumbsup:
I would if i were buying a Camaro, but i'm stuck with this 1995 Isuzu...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The guy just wasn't trying hard enough to find a deal. So he gets what he gets. Talk about throwing good money after bad. He could have come here and talked to any one of "our" guys and saved $$ and had a great car in the end. But no......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Think their both great cars. the mark up at least in New England is true. the 5 dealers I have been too want 4-9 over what the msrp was when built on the Chevy Site. I def. wouldnt of gone with the v6 but if he's not concerned about speed and going for pure looks I'm sure he'll be happy, afterall it is his money. In checking around at other dealers you can get a new Mustang GT premium with every option including the glass roof for under 30k (2009 model). They are trying to make room for the 2010's. Go with what you like, if he buys a car for what other people like he will never be happy. Like others have said at least he bought American!

on a side note if he doesnt like it he can always drive it for a year and by then Camaro's wont be in such high demand, he can trade it in for a Camaro thats already on the lot, and for a much more reasonable price than today.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Think their both great cars. the mark up at least in New England is true. the 5 dealers I have been too want 4-9 over what the msrp was when built on the Chevy Site. I def. wouldnt of gone with the v6 but if he's not concerned about speed and going for pure looks I'm sure he'll be happy, afterall it is his money. In checking around at other dealers you can get a new Mustang GT premium with every option including the glass roof for under 30k (2009 model). They are trying to make room for the 2010's. Go with what you like, if he buys a car for what other people like he will never be happy. Like others have said at least he bought American!

on a side note if he doesnt like it he can always drive it for a year and by then Camaro's wont be in such high demand, he can trade it in for a Camaro thats already on the lot, and for a much more reasonable price than today.
He did tell me he would buy a Camaro in 4 years after he's done with college, when they are cheaper. At least he still thinks they are better! :D

Actually, he didn't use his own money, but his parents money...
He is only 17 and his parents bought him a car for 32,000!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
He is only 17 and his parents bought him a car for 32,000!
he (or his parents) spent $32k on a V6 mustang?:eek: wow that "my little pony" package is pricey.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts