Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trading in my Z06 for the Camaro SS RS, I am starved for HP. I just ordered the first, of what will most likely be more HP upgrades. Placed an order for a new CAI @ CAI Inc. Thinking about placing an order for a Corsa exhaust too, as I also miss the sound of my Z06.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
After trading in my Z06 for the Camaro SS RS, I am starved for HP. I just ordered the first, of what will most likely be more HP upgrades. Placed an order for a new CAI @ CAI Inc. Thinking about placing an order for a Corsa exhaust too, as I also miss the sound of my Z06.
Congrats on the New Camaro.

Just an FYI listen to Corsa in person on a Camaro before installing it.
It doesnt sound the same as the Vette for some Odd reason.
A lot of folks love it because of no drone but they also get upset its quiet......unless you install a Cam then it sound very good.

Congrats on the C.A.I you will enjoy it as its one of the top CAI's offered.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the New Camaro.

Just an FYI listen to Corsa in person on a Camaro before installing it.
It doesnt sound the same as the Vette for some Odd reason.
A lot of folks love it because of no drone but they also get upset its quiet......unless you install a Cam then it sound very good.

Congrats on the C.A.I you will enjoy it as its one of the top CAI's offered.
Thank you. I've been thinking about a cam, but that's gonna be a ways off yet. Any suggestions on exhaust, aside of the Corsa, stock is just too tame for my taste.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Thank you. I've been thinking about a cam, but that's gonna be a ways off yet. Any suggestions on exhaust, aside of the Corsa, stock is just too tame for my taste.
Definitely try and hear as many in person as possible...sound clips on youtube usually don't do any of them justice. I like Flowmaster, Borla, & Spintech....but there's lots of others to choose from.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I have the Flowmaster catback system and love it . :thumbsup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely try and hear as many in person as possible...sound clips on youtube usually don't do any of them justice. I like Flowmaster, Borla, & Spintech....but there's lots of others to choose from.
Thanks for the ideas. Not many Camaro's around here, so hearing one in person is gonna be difficult.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a friend with a Z06 and a Corsa system and he likes the sound of my Borla Touring on my Camaro better. I like it alot. There is a YouTube video out there of a Gen5 with a cam and Borla, sounds great.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a friend with a Z06 and a Corsa system and he likes the sound of my Borla Touring on my Camaro better. I like it alot. There is a YouTube video out there of a Gen5 with a cam and Borla, sounds great.
I'l try to find it, thanks.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Borla.. had corsa exhaust installed on a camaro for a customer here at shop and wasn't much different than factory in my own opinion.

·
Registered
226 Posts
A little off subject but...what exactly enticed you to give up a Z06 for a Camaro? Don't get me wrong. I absotively love my 2SS and I can understand the switch if you needed a back seat or a car seat that wasn't quite so low. If I didn't need the back seat and height of a Camaro, I'd trade for a Z06, or better yet, a ZR-1, in a nanosecond.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A little off subject but...what exactly enticed you to give up a Z06 for a Camaro? Don't get me wrong. I absotively love my 2SS and I can understand the switch if you needed a back seat or a car seat that wasn't quite so low. If I didn't need the back seat and height of a Camaro, I'd trade for a Z06, or better yet, a ZR-1, in a nanosecond.
That's exactly what was needed, a back seat. I watch my Grandson while my oldest is in her college classes, and my youngest doesn't drive yet. There's been more than one occasion, where I've needed that back seat in the Vette. I'll get me another Vette when the C7 rolls out, by that time, my youngest will be driving. Until then, I'll goof around with the Camaro. Don't get me wrong, I like the Camaro, but there's a very noticeable difference between the two in handling and HP. You shut down AH &TC in the Vette, and it could scare the hell out of you, I liked that :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went with the Pypes' Pype Bombs axel back and was very satisified. Well only for about three weeks. I then was bitten by the mod bug. I added the Pypes headers and high flow cats. Then a Vmax Throttle Body and had the car tuned. All I know is that the sound turns heads, and I am more than satisfied. My car just rolled past 2700 miles mark and now that darn bug has been buzzing in my ear about a Cam.

Re: The Pypes exhaust system, I saved a whole lot of money by choosing this system. I am no expert; however what I do know is it sounds great and appeared to be of quality manufacturing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys, I'll look into them. But my next task is getting thru my sons graduation Saturday, the party, the grilling, etc. So today there's no car stuff, it's yard work, cleaning the pool, etc. Two kids down, one to go...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts