Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You read that right, I walked away from the table over $2000! I didn't care for the way I was being treated, since I ordered a car they new they could sell to anyone in 5 minutes.

So, I am not a happy 5th gen owner like I should be today.:angry:

GMs biggest problem now is their dealership network. They are making some great cars and trucks but if the dealers keep screwing people they are doomed for sure!!

So, the process begins again. I found a local dealer that will sell MSRP and is taking orders but not the initial allocation. So do I wait and order MSRP (December/January delivery) or wait til this time next year and get invoice.
HHmmmmmm!

·
Registered
359 Posts
i just don't get these dealers.

i've found my exact build in several dealer throughout the midwest..........all way over MSRP. i've told them all no thanks.

GMS or nothing for my wife and i!

pm sent...............my dealer can get ya one in 6-8 weeks at MSRP/GMS!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Sorry about your troubles. I'm not up on your situation, were you promised the car at MSRP and they raised the price once it arrived? What was the deal exactly?

Thing is, this is not new, things like this have happened at GM/Ford/Chrysler dealers for decades.

Is is part of the problem? probably. Customer service overall at the big three dealerships (in general) has been a poor experience for the most part. I've worked in a few and have seen it first hand.

That is what Saturn was all about, they always have treated the customer like gold, GM developed that business model after the asian automakers and it proved successful. Saturn has the BEST looking complete lineup in all of GMs divisions and I am sad to see them go.

Best of luck on your next Camaro.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Saturn is an Opel knock-off, and Opel is considered to be an entry-level euro brand. Sort of what Saturn is here. Buts the CURRENT Aturn looks sure beat the most of the rest of recent GM-Chry-Ford creations.

·
9,152 Posts
Saturn is an Opel knock-off, and Opel is considered to be an entry-level euro brand. Sort of what Saturn is here. Buts the CURRENT Aturn looks sure beat the most of the rest of recent GM-Chry-Ford creations.
While I get their purpose, from an exterior styling perspective, they have the best all around selection GM has to offer :cool:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sorry about your troubles. I'm not up on your situation, were you promised the car at MSRP and they raised the price once it arrived? What was the deal exactly?

Thing is, this is not new, things like this have happened at GM/Ford/Chrysler dealers for decades.

Is is part of the problem? probably. Customer service overall at the big three dealerships (in general) has been a poor experience for the most part. I've worked in a few and have seen it first hand.

That is what Saturn was all about, they always have treated the customer like gold, GM developed that business model after the asian automakers and it proved successful. Saturn has the BEST looking complete lineup in all of GMs divisions and I am sad to see them go.

Best of luck on your next Camaro.
Saturn was awesome for customer service,,
My dealership experience has been a night mare, I bought 3 cars new from GM A silverado SS 2005 Goat and my 2007 Trailblazer,,
everytime was a bad experience. For the GTO they lied about the warranty said it was a gm subcontractor ( I wanted GMAC extended warranty) I called GM and they told me the dealer lied so I had to get my money back. The last time I traded in my Goat for the SS when I knew we were having a baby. 3 Months after the trade in I got a bill from GMAC, thtey told me the payments had been being made for the past 3 months. I no longer owned the car, the dealershiop was making payments on it instead of paying it off in full. Thats awfull. Then with the SS some of you probaby read my nightmare 6 dealer trips for a starter story. I complained GM didnt car at all that I had spent 100 grand since 2004. I know it was posted on a nother thread but I think the 2000 over hurts GM now. Maybe in the past it didnt have any effect but right now GM can not afford any un happy people. Some people may think my tax dollars bailed them out they are still possible going into bankruptcy and they want over book, Ill go buy a Rustang or a Challenger wont have to wait for it ill know when im getting it and wont pay over MSRP.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Dealerships need a reality check. I know the are in the business to make money (who isn't) and dont have a problem with it, but when customers know more about the product they are trying to sell is crazy. Plus they could be a little (ok alot) more helpful. Need to take classes from the 3 sponsored dealers on here. Thanks guys

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is just wrong, if this was a pre-order and they are playing that card I would be so infuriated. This mark up sh*# is such a injustice and sadly people agreeing to pay it make it justified in the "STEALERS" mind.

I have been in car financing (credit union) for 25 years and we do not play this game, we value the car max. at what the manufacturer suggest (MSRP). Not to say we don't loan a qualified applicant more then MSRP. but that's our starting point.

The sad truth is that all of these 2010 Camaros (excluding maybe 1 or 2) will be worth about 50% of the original MSRP in just 2 short years, if not sooner, and these greedy dealers that BS someone in to buying this car at thousands over sticker will not be their friend when they want or need to get out of this car years down the road.

This greed and unfair dealer mindset has got to change or the big three will not survive much longer, if they can survive at all. It sickens me to keep hearing about these inflated prices and further that there are actually people agreeing to pay it. WAKE UP AMERICA!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
That is terrible. As said before, dealerships are the reason for gm's problems.

·
Registered
359 Posts
They are a very small part.
:werd:

GM cant control them........c'mon! dealers wouldn't do it if people wouldn't pay it.

you honestly think for one second that dealer wasn't approached by someone who said "i'll give ya $2k over MSRP if ya sell it to me". shame on the dealer for being scum, but shame on the idiot who gave him the idea..........

The only thing here you can fault GM for......is making this car!

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
You read that right, I walked away from the table over $2000! I didn't care for the way I was being treated, since I ordered a car they new they could sell to anyone in 5 minutes.

GMs biggest problem now is their dealership network. They are making some great cars and trucks but if the dealers keep screwing people they are doomed for sure!!

So, the process begins again. I found a local dealer that will sell MSRP and is taking orders but not the initial allocation. So do I wait and order MSRP (December/January delivery) or wait til this time next year and get invoice.
HHmmmmmm!

Dealers are hurting for money and they think they will make it up by jacking the price of the Camaro up.
Its Dealerships like Classic chevrolet here in Grapevine that say MSRP or less and follow there words then the word gets out and they get the busniess.

Jacking up the price hurt the challenger when it came out......it just may do the same for camaro but not as bad.
Sad thing you never hear of Ford doing this to the Mustang.
I guess Ford makes there money off there trucks they are in no need to gouge prices.

·
9,152 Posts
Dealers are hurting for money and they think they will make it up by jacking the price of the Camaro up.
Its Dealerships like Classic chevrolet here in Grapevine that say MSRP or less and follow there words then the word gets out and they get the busniess.

Jacking up the price hurt the challenger when it came out......it just may do the same for camaro but not as bad.
I guess Ford makes there money off there trucks they are in no need to gouge prices.
Not at all directed at you :cool:

It did happen when each new body style of the Mustang came out to an extent in the last 20 years or so. This has been a common practice by ALL automakers in the USA, GM/Ford/Chrysler/Toyota, you name it. People act like this is the first time and the Camaro is some hand built super car. This negativity is getting to be a bit much...

·
Registered
51 Posts

HHmmmmmm!
Remember, it's a new CAMARO now, but in several months when the lots are loaded with them and you want trade it, or circumstance dictate that you get rid of it, it becomes a USED CAR. No one will ever recover the over sticker cash outlayed. Regardless of what is going on with any of these passion instilling type cars, they still depreciate alot by the time it gets to your driveway. The fact that the Camaro will be around until at least 2020 (assuming all goes according to plan), I think alot of us will look back in a year and ask why did we go through this nonsense now. It's a long time before one of these first so called 14,000 sold cars is sitting on the auction block on HDT on a Saturday night fetching a 6 figure sale price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
CMONNNNNNNN!! I went to to Ford last or or maybe 16 montrhs ago. They were 10K over sticker for the GT500s. Ford does it worse then Chevy for this by a long shot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts