Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I was planning on getting a hitch for towing racing tires eventually, a la this corvette trailer.

....But maybe I'll use it to tow a boat, too. :D

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yes! I figured it out! I did some research, and flew up to Detroit, slept in my car until I could get close enough, but I took this picture, which explains everything!

Apparently Shunt is getting too famous, and can no longer fit all of his stuff in the trunk.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yes! I figured it out! I did some research, and flew up to Detroit, slept in my car until I could get close enough, but I took this picture, which explains everything!

Apparently Shunt is getting too famous, and can no longer fit all of his stuff in the trunk.
No Jinx response on this? I was hoping at least he would have gotten a laugh out of this. Did you look at the sticky note?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I always wondered why people think you need a truck & can't tow something with a car. As long as the springs don't bottom out it's fine no matter what kind of car it is.

When I was a kid we practically lived in camp grounds in the summer & my parents towed a giant (sleeps 8) pop up with a 78 camaro, that thing went all over Florida with that camper.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
If it had a trailer with a mustang and challenger on it, that would be funny and a commerical or demotivational poster.

Otherwise I prolly use my camaro to do what the pictures vette is doing. I had this idea of finding a mustang that has been wrecked in the front. Use the back half as a storage trailer. I think it would be a good joke. If anyone ask me why I have a mustang trailer; I can say that it was the last Mustang that I raced.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I am not one to agree on towing a boat behind a car !!!!!! The most I MAY tow behind a car is a track tire SMALL trailor but I doubt that as well.

What some dont know and understand is that a Trailor especially to a boat the weight is not is not where you think it is and it doesnt weigh down a vehicle much at all.

I got a Chevy Silverado thats running a 5/7 Drop and it doesnt drag when pulling a Master Craft :D and the frame rails are Cnotched so you would think clearance is something to worry about but it never is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The New Camaro will be rated like the 4th Gen Cars for about 1000 pound trailer with tongue weight some were around 150 LBS.

Trailering limits are more about stopping than getting the load moving, I wouldn't tow anything over a 1/2 Ton without trailer brakes.

And I wouldn't tow a boat with a Camaro, that's insane...if you can't afford a proper tow vehicle then maybe you can't afford a boat.

Steve Heino has a nice hidden trailer hitch behind his 4th Gen Convertible's license Plate holder.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Yeah there seems to be many people that think you need a truck to tow, back in the day many wagons were used to tow cars to the drag strip. Our roadmaster is rated to tow 5,000. I installed air bags to beef up the springs.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
And I wouldn't tow a boat with a Camaro, that's insane...if you can't afford a proper tow vehicle then maybe you can't afford a boat.
Ummm... I was kidding? I would like to tow a tire trailer, but the boat comment was a joke. Although someone will I'm sure. But I won't put my baby through that torture. I'd rather push her to her limits on the track in 100 degree heat. :D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I never towed anything with my Camaro however I did pull my wifes F150 out of a small ditch she got it stuck in.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I never towed anything with my Camaro however I did pull my wifes F150 out of a small ditch she got it stuck in.

roflmao now thats a Commercial to sell a camaro lol

Ford Trucks the best pulling and most torque issued in a Truck today it can move pull a Semi out of dry cement however it takes a Camaro to help it out of a ditch hahahaha.

oh well I guess when you are in sand or mudd anything may need help.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
There's plenty of cars that can tow out there. and you don't need a V8, either/

The HHR, Malibu and Impala can tow up to 1000 pounds on their V6's. That's pretty good for affordable family cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.