Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered A 1SS auto, BA stereo, polished wheels, ice metalic silver, black interior @ 11:00am on 10/13/08. I have been on the phone 3 times with GM and they can not tell me when they will be building my car. Why did I bother to be there on day one? I am sick of not getting an answer. I am getting tempted to tell them to keep their car and to go test drive an SRT8 Challenger. Is any one else in this situation? All I want is an answer. I know that they have to let the celebrities jump over us regular folks in the line up but I do not want the car at the begining of a New England winter.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Contact you dealer...they are getting your money - have them answer your questions. GM's only promise PRIOR to day one, was that the cars sold in the pre-order would be delivered by September 2009. Other factors such as your place in line, the dealers estimated guide number allocation also come into play.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I too would like some updates...but geez, they just started building them this week.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Yeah, stick with the dealer, they can give you more info than the GM phone rep. Did they get your order in the system right away?

Anyone else ordered on the 13th still sitting at '1100'?

-Brad

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Ordered on the 14th...(#4 of the dealers allocation)...I haven't heard anything. Although I just called my salesman and found out she's been sick (in and out of the hospital...of all the times to be doing that:rolleyes::confused:). So, I don't know what's going on. I've been trying to get a hold of her to pull my hurst off the order. Left a message with the manager, hopefully he'll get back to me soon.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I order on 10-28-08 and still at 1100. The way i look at it i am fixing to get the baddest car around. One that will turn heads,make jaws drop,make people point and stare, and best of all make Mustang owners choke when i blow them away. So even if i have to wait a little longer then i think i should or want to the wait is all worth it. Of course thats just my opinion...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spoke with my dealer and I am the number one priority and there are no constraints on my car and he still doesn't have any idea when it will be built. If I do not know by Tuesday, I will cancel my order and buy a real clean 2007 Vette that he has on his showroom floor for the same money as the 1SS. If this is how GM is going to treat people that took a chance on them staying in buisnees then I will opt out. There is enough aftermarket support for Vettes to not need GM.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I spoke with my dealer and I am the number one priority and there are no constraints on my car and he still doesn't have any idea when it will be built. If I do not know by Tuesday, I will cancel my order and buy a real clean 2007 Vette that he has on his showroom floor for the same money as the 1SS. If this is how GM is going to treat people that took a chance on them staying in buisnees then I will opt out. There is enough aftermarket support for Vettes to not need GM.
THEy WILL NOT KNOW WHEN IT WILL GET BUILT UNTIL CHEVY SAYS THEY WILL PICK UP ONE OF THEIR ORDERS!

There are over 4,000 dealers and someone is #1 at every dealer...

Do what you gotta do.

·
Banned
19 Posts
I ordered on Oct 13, at 8:05am lol. They still can't give me any further information and I'm still sitting at 1100. I won't push it for a few weeks. I'd rather them take their time and get it right.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I ordered my 2SS on 10/13/08, I'm #1 at my dealer and I'm still at 1100, but I ordered Cyber Gray so I know I have that constraint against me. I'm still waiting to hear news about that. But seriously they only began building these cars this wee guys, most of us have been waiting much longer than 6 months. I know I've been waiting since the concept first came out!! We can't expect miracles, we just need to be patient. I've thought to myself a few times to just cancel my order, but I want this way too bad to do that!

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I have a feeling there will be a lot of anger growing as the wait lingers due to the anticipation.

It's only because we are all VERY passionate about these cars, which is a great thing (and we've all already been waiting for a long time). I don't usually bust on GM for much, but they really should have seen that and made it easier for us to check status of our orders online...so at least we'd feel like we were in the loop.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I have a feeling there will be a lot of anger growing as the wait lingers due to the anticipation.
Personally, I'm expecting just the opposite! As I see it, a lot of the unknowns that are causing most of the stress & confusion will be eliminated as production ramps up and the production/delivery system smooths out -- and as people start getting their cars & inventory starts showing up on the lots. I believe this will ameliorate much of the current frustrations.

(Won't take "anticipation" out of the equation, of course, but that's half the fun!)

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Personally, I'm expecting just the opposite! As I see it, a lot of the unknowns that are causing most of the stress & confusion will be eliminated as production ramps up and the production/delivery system smooths out -- and as people start getting their cars & inventory starts showing up on the lots. I believe this will ameliorate much of the current frustrations.

(Won't take "anticipation" out of the equation, of course, but that's half the fun!)
I agree. Everyone who's getting frustrated just needs to be a little more realistic. Eveyone's car wasn't going to get built the first week. And we all should already have known that most dealers are in the dark with a lot of this stuff (remember october?).

·
Registered
345 Posts
Waiting sucks...I agree...and the unknowns suck but you know what we have waited this long, is it really going to kill us to standby and be at least a little bit patient. Not to start an arguement but **** its getting a little old hearing about people who are "Going to cancel my order if...." If you do not want the car and need something else then drive on with your bad self and do what you have to do. Bottom line...I am a die hard CAMARO fan and even though I ordered on 13 October 2008 at like 1400, my car color is delayed, and I am still at 1100.....I am in it until my outstanding new 2010 Camaro SS/RS is sitting in my driveway! And YES that will be a VERY GOOD DAY.....:D:D:D:5go:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts