Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i'm not sure how many owners on here have had experience with this fun little warning that comes up on the driver command centre but i do have a question surrounding this

this morning when i started the car up that came up on the command centre. not a big deal as the car was frosted over. i let the car warm up for a bit and started my drive into work. it's about a 35 min drive one way. in that time frame it had also warmed up by 4 degrees. well i'm 5 min away from work and the "Ice Possible Drive with Care" warning starts coming on and off on me. come on for a min, then go away, then come on again. there was no ice on the road that's for sure and the 4 degree temp increase brought the temp outside above 0

i'm just not sure if this is something that i should be worried (ie a glitch in the system) of the car was just confused this morning

·
Registered
968 Posts
Mine comes on at 37 degrees. just pops up everyonce in awhile as a warning to look ot for ice.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I first got that in upper Michigan last October, I was driving along the coast of lake Michigan and the highway weaves in and out of the woods. Every time I would come out of the woods and near the lake the warning would pop up again, like lk99 said this was occuring at 37 F. It is pretty touchy about that temp it seems, I bet you were just bouncing in and out of that range considering 0 C is freezing it makes sense.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Yep, anytime the car's thermometer hits 37 degrees or colder, you'll see the message.

If it's consistently below 37 degrees, you'll see it once when you first start the car.
If it's warmer and goes down to 37 degrees, you'll see it when it turns 37 degrees.

If it is around 37-38 degrees, you'll see the message every time the thermometer goes down to 37.
....ie.... if it reads 36 when you start the car, you'll get the message. If it warms up to 38, then cools back to 37, you'll see the message again.

It can be a little annoying on days when the temperature is right at that borderline, seeing it multiple times in one trip has happened to me too, but it's normal. :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok that makes me feel better that it's not only happened to others but that it seems perfectly normal. thanks guys :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yeah that craps annoying...especially the tire pressure. Anyone else notice if you're driving a normal distance route that the tire pressures will pop up on your screen there? Mine does it everyday within 100ft of each 15 mile one-way drive, in the same exact spot. That's class :p

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Yep in Chitown it goes off all winter and now spring LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts