Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where should I live and work?

I'm currently in Property Management, but my passion is cars. I previously had over 5 years experience in Fixed Operations. My fiance is an accountant and almost has her CPA. Can we find jobs?

We'd like to be some place that the people are down to earth and aren't stuck up. Somewhere that offers decent paying jobs (40-60k) and affordable housing (200k range). Not an over abundance of traffic. As for climate, we'd prefer dry heat (so that probably rules Houston out).

With this in mind, would anyone mind recommending any areas? I've heard Austin is nice. I've also heard Houston/Sugar Land is as well. San Antonio - not so much.

Other places we're considering are Tennessee, North Carolina, Alabama, Kentucky and California. Really, anywhere.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I know of no where in California you can do that. The salary is right, but the housing is off by about 300k.

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Dallas / Ft Worth is a great place to live with an abundance of opportunity :D besides, then we can be neighbors. Dallas is a little more up tempo and fast paced, while Ft Worth is a little slower pace and to be honest, my favorite.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have to agree with Dallas/Fort Worth. I live in a small town about 20 minutes east of Dallas. Stay out of Mesquite tho. Getting bad. My small town has no crime that I see at least, really good schools, easy commute to Dallas for jobs, not as hot as Austin or San Antonio and not as dirty Houston. No snow or tonardos like in Amarillo. Houses are realy cheap as well. You can get a 4 bed room two and a half or three bath house for about $150,000 maybe less with about 2200- 2800 sq ft.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Just don't become a COWBOYS FAN.....Although they got a quarterback from the right state!!! ;)
OK, thems fightin words lmao the boys are the best team in NFL history :)
HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!! :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Buncha Houston haters on here!!!
I live in far northwest Houston in the Cypress area and it is nice here. Katy, Sugarland, Kingwood and the Woodlands are all very nice places to live.
Austin is nice to visit but waaaaay to liberal and really just a big college town.
San Antonio is a no go. It has cool things to see and do though.
D/FW, I think, is a lot like Houston. Just not as humid.
As for the traffic. It all depends on where you live and work. Any big city is going to have bad traffic. All places I named are the far points (out there) of Houston and are not "in Houston" They are all about 20 - 35 miles from it.
Katy, Woodlands, Kingwood, Sugarland...you can live and work. In Cypress you may need to drive a little.

Houston area has 3 drag strips and 2 Auto X tracks, that I know of. Summers are hot and great for boating, winters are mild.
Houston's economy is usually last to get hit and first to bounce back.

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Buncha Houston haters on here!!!
I live in far northwest Houston in the Cypress area and it is nice here. Katy, Sugarland, Kingwood and the Woodlands are all very nice places to live.
Austin is nice to visit but waaaaay to liberal and really just a big college town.
San Antonio is a no go. It has cool things to see and do though.
D/FW, I think, is a lot like Houston. Just not as humid.
As for the traffic. It all depends on where you live and work. Any big city is going to have bad traffic. All places I named are the far points (out there) of Houston and are not "in Houston" They are all about 20 - 35 miles from it.
Katy, Woodlands, Kingwood, Sugarland...you can live and work. In Cypress you may need to drive a little.

Houston area has 3 drag strips and 2 Auto X tracks, that I know of. Summers are hot and great for boating, winters are mild.
Houston's economy is usually last to get hit and first to bounce back.
D/FW has Texas Motor Speedway though... the only NASCAR and IRL track in TX:D Not to mention that Ennis TX is where the NHRL Fall Nationals are often held.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
D/FW has Texas Motor Speedway though... the only NASCAR and IRL track in TX:D Not to mention that Ennis TX is where the NHRL Fall Nationals are often held.
Baytown TX is where Oreilly Spring Nationals are ALWAYS held, Houston Raceway Park. :cool:
We can just drive to Dallas for the twice a year to TMS to see Nascar and IRL ;)
and if they ever get it going again.... We have the Grand Prix of Houston race through downtown Houston.

your turn :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
DFDUBYA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DFW area :thumbsup: We got every type of Food place you can think of !!!!!!!

Dallas has the American Airlines arena home of the Dallas stars and mavericks
and it also host lots of concerts !!!!!!!
Westend for partying

You can also live in the plano/frisco area which is near dallas suburbs to be exact just minutes away from Dallas. Clean and Beautiful and nice people
out there you got good old RELIABLE Chevrolet :thumbsup:

Ft worth come descover the west :lol: Fort worth is a city with lots of money and building by the Day. right outside of Ft worth you got TMS aka Texas motorspeedway and Ennis dragway :thumbsup: not to mention wonderful downtown Ft worth and sundance square.........Can you say party it up Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights ? lol
And of course Cowtown aka Fort worth Stockyards.....its historic it shows where we started and besides a few cows you got nice looking females in tight jeans and boots lol

Then you got Arlington thats where our Texas Rangers baseball is and our Dallas Cowboys with there new $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
state of the art football stadium...its kind of designed like that stadium we used for years called Texas stadium except BIGGGGGGER you know the one Bret Farve couldnt Win at :p poor packers lol

Then you got Good ol Grapevine......What isnt in grapevine lol
You even have some dealership that has sold a few Fbodies in its time called Classic chevrolet......They got a good car detail man name Eric who sales cars when no one is looking :p

DFW is a Great place to live Lots of places to raise kids , Family entertainment , Lakes and so much more.

We have the Houston Texans...Woo Hoo :lol:
Who ? lol I know about the stro's and the Rockets but Texans ?????? you mean the oilers :lol:

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
DFDUBYA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DFW area :thumbsup: We got every type of Food place you can think of !!!!!!!

Dallas has the American Airlines arena home of the Dallas stars and mavericks
and it also host lots of concerts !!!!!!!
Westend for partying

You can also live in the plano/frisco area which is near dallas suburbs to be exact just minutes away from Dallas. Clean and Beautiful and nice people
out there you got good old RELIABLE Chevrolet :thumbsup:

Ft worth come descover the west :lol: Fort worth is a city with lots of money and building by the Day. right outside of Ft worth you got TMS aka Texas motorspeedway and Ennis dragway :thumbsup:

And Scott then you got Arlington you know thats where our Texas Rangers baseball is and our Dallas Cowboys with there new $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
state of the art football stadium...its kind of designed like that stadium we used for years called Texas stadium except BIGGGGGGER you know the one Bret Farve couldnt Win at :p

Then you got Good ol Grapevine......What isnt in grapevine lol
You even have some dealership that has sold a few Fbodies in its time called Classic chevrolet......They got a good car detail man name Eric who sales cars when no one is looking :p

DFW is a Great place to live Lots of places to raise kids , Family entertainment , Lakes and so much more.

Who ? lol I know about the stro's and the Rockets but Texans ?????? you mean the oilers :lol:
:werd:

Ft Worth has Billy Bobs (the worlds largest Honky Tonk) the Stockyards (now host to Willie Nelson's 4th of July Picnic) and the Cowgirl Museum:D
Dallas has Victory Plaza (our version of Time Square if you will) The W Hotel w/ the Ghost Bar, and soooooo much more!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Just be careful of the DFW lakes. Their all man made and lots of trees and stuff sticking up out of them.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Just be careful of the DFW lakes. Their all man made and lots of trees and stuff sticking up out of them.

depends on what lakes you go to......There is always 30 minutes out of the metroplex lake Granbury Great lake for boating/fishing and etc.

but yes with the lack of water watch out for stumps

1 - 20 of 32 Posts