Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you weren't buying a Camaro, what other Chevy has your interest?

For me, it's something that many people think to be very hideous.

87 Aerocoupe. Black with burgundy interior. Must have the white letter Eagle GT's. I'm not sure it gets anymore 80's than this.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
G-bodies are cool...full frame & coil springs are good for drag racing.;)

But I've always been a big nova fan...I had a '68/396 but had to sell it because I was broke. I'd love to get another '68-'72 and drop an LSx/6spd in it.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
New or old? New G8 ST and trailblazer SS Old let's see 69 Nova (had 2 69's a 70 and a 73 before), 96 Impala SS, 92 syclone, and 86 Monte Carlo SS. I didn't like the aero coupes but love the others.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
New or old? New G8 ST and trailblazer SS
have to agree with you there...if there was no 5th gen, I'd have to trade in my family-hauler Trailblazer LS for a TB-SS and I'd be happy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I'm sticking to just Chevy, the new cobalt SS (turbo, not the S/C) is a pretty solid deal. Sure its still a 4cyl and FWD but for the price its pretty much unmatched by anything else. Like others have said, I would get a G8 GT or the G8 "El Camino" if its ever offered with a 6 speed

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
G8 GT for me. Only other car right now that piques my interest.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For old I wish I had my 78 Camaro back.

For new it would be between the G8 & the Solstice coupe. They are completely different so I don't know which way I would go.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Since I was already saved from buying a GT Stang, I would probably be buying this loaded 05 CTS I found for under 20k and with less than 30k miles. Or I might've gone out to my area's (Daytona) classic car show in a search for an Impala

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm suprised with the amount of people saying G8. It's not really comparible to the Camaro, IMO. Sure, it's the same platform, but it's a sedan. Are you all really cross-shopping the Camaro with a 4 door?

If I were buying new, then I'd just get a Malibu LTZ and another 4th gen to mod the piss out of. Maybe a LS3 C6...

I guess the point of the thread was more about what other GM cars (I know I said Chevy, but you know...) are you into besides the Camaro obsession? I honestly expected more Corvettes! :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Into? I was assuming you meant cars that I could actually afford. If we are just talking interest, I would rather have a Corvette then a Cobalt or G8,perhaps even more then the new Camaro

·
Registered
25 Posts
If we're talking GM wide, I would have to say either a CTS-V or a CTS coupe. I can't say Corvette because saying "I would like a Corvette" is like saying "I breathe air", it's assumed.

Also, the Solstice coupe is gorgeous, too.

There are too many awesome cars to choose from, to nail down just one.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm suprised with the amount of people saying G8. It's not really comparible to the Camaro, IMO. Sure, it's the same platform, but it's a sedan. Are you all really cross-shopping the Camaro with a 4 door?

If I were buying new, then I'd just get a Malibu LTZ and another 4th gen to mod the piss out of. Maybe a LS3 C6...

I guess the point of the thread was more about what other GM cars (I know I said Chevy, but you know...) are you into besides the Camaro obsession? I honestly expected more Corvettes! :)
I guess I would get a G8 GT 6 speed. I already have a Corvette. Besides, I couldn't afford a brand new Vette. Now, if I won the lottery, I would love to own a new ZR1!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts