Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM is announcing 1000 dealership closings today. What if its the dealer I ordered my car from is one of them? Where will my order go? will my order be canceled? I have been waiting this long, it would really suck if my dealer closes and my order gets canceled and I have to start all over again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your dealer closes, you will have your work cut out for you to keep that order unless they have started building it already. I have worked on my order since my dealer closed in Jan. After a lot of help and advice from the guys and gals here and at GM, they have located my order, checked to make sure it was correct and are pushing it forward(I Hope).:5go:

·
Registered
470 Posts
If your dealer closes, you will have your work cut out for you to keep that order unless they have started building it already. I have worked on my order since my dealer closed in Jan. After a lot of help and advice from the guys and gals here and at GM, they have located my order, checked to make sure it was correct and are pushing it forward(I Hope).:5go:
These announcemnts are not going to be immediate closings like a dealer going out of business, it will take a bit. We'll have to see what GM says is the timetable for this.

I wonder if the 1000 inclused all the Saturn and Pontiac dealerships that would be closing anyways...? :confused:

-Brad

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's a total of 2600 which includes the stand alone Pontiac dealers (39), Saturn (400), Hummer(?) and Saab (200) dealers. The other 2000 or so will be mostly metropolitan GM dealers (mostly Chevrolet). The small town dealers are said to be safe. Some of the 2000 of course are multi-line dealers that will remain open to sell their other brands. This number will be achieved by October 2010 when all dealer franchise agreements expire.

When a dealership closes the nearest dealer is assigned the customers from the closing dealer for sales and service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Chevymgr

That's Good imformation
What dealer are you at.
It's a total of 2600 which includes the stand alone Pontiac dealers (39), Saturn (400), Hummer(?) and Saab (200) dealers. The other 2000 or so will be mostly metropolitan GM dealers (mostly Chevrolet). The small town dealers are said to be safe. Some of the 2000 of course are multi-line dealers that will remain open to sell their other brands. This number will be achieved by October 2010 when all dealer franchise agreements expire.

When a dealership closes the nearest dealer is assigned the customers from the closing dealer for sales and service.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys, so I guess I really dont have anything to worry about since i should be getting my car this year.....hopefully :) ordered on 2/23/09 so i should be safe. My dealer is a small dealer in a small town so maybe he is safe

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
yeah.. no worries... unless you're getting your car after 2010. all the people who ordered now should be safe. all the dealers that GM is contacting now, they are just not renewing their contracts from what i've heard. the contracts run out in 2010.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah.. no worries... unless you're getting your car after 2010. all the people who ordered now should be safe. all the dealers that GM is contacting now, they are just not renewing their contracts from what i've heard. the contracts run out in 2010.
I feel better now, was a little worried there for a sec :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I already said this on another thread but my dealer said he woud not wait and he closed today, He said he could not handle my order and he didnot know what would hsppen to it! ( gee thanks for nothing). I called the nextclosest dealer and he said he could not help me with order(3-19-10),and still 1100.he did say he would reorder it for me but for $5000 over msrp. My first dealer was gettint it for me for msrp. any help would be appreciated. my order # is NHZW59. HELP!:angry:

·
Registered
359 Posts
if u were at 1100..........your order means **** bro.........sorry.

find another MSRP dealer with allocation and place another order. if you look around, you can find one (maybe a little drive) that can get you one by summers end.

good luck man..................sorry about ur dealer and ur order.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
I already said this on another thread but my dealer said he woud not wait and he closed today, He said he could not handle my order and he didnot know what would hsppen to it! ( gee thanks for nothing). I called the nextclosest dealer and he said he could not help me with order(3-19-10),and still 1100.he did say he would reorder it for me but for $5000 over msrp. My first dealer was gettint it for me for msrp. any help would be appreciated. my order # is NHZW59. HELP!:angry:

i think in your situation, it would help to call GM directly and ask if they can move your order to another dealer. that's just what i've heard. that really sux. i hope you find a solution.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Contact one of the site sponsors.

I heard on the local news that Classic Chevy in Grapevine didn't get one of those non-renewal slips today. A testimate to being a solid dealership since there are several Chevy dealers in the DFW area. Give Eric a shout. You can make a day trip (albeit a long day) from Alabama when it gets here. If you drove it back to AL it would probably be close to being broke in and ready to go.

BTW: That's a good question....what is the break in routine? 500 miles and then an oil change?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts