Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you order from one of the sponsors here even if it meant waiting a little longer? Or would you consider purchasing another vehicle in the future from one of the sponsers here? Or would you go to your local dealer or back to the dealer you bought your Camaro from? BE HONEST!!!! :5go:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Would you order from one of the sponsors here even if it meant waiting a little longer? Or would you consider purchasing another vehicle in the future from one of the sponsers here? Or would you go to your local dealer or back to the dealer you bought your Camaro from? BE HONEST!!!! :5go:
I would absolutely consider ordering from a sponsor next time. If not that, then I would have no problems going back to the dealer I ordered from this time, they were great too. I love our sponsors but I don't think it would've been a "little bit" longer. I think it would've been quite a bit longer, and no I would not have voluntarily waited a few more months. I might not even have my car right now which I've had for over a month. I appreciate everything Eric, Scotty, and others did for us though, don't think I'm not appreciative.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
:rolleyes:No, I wouldn't...order from my dealer again. I'd like to go to a dealer who actually cared about customers. :confused:

And with most of the other dealers in my area closing, I'd have no choice but to order from one of the sponsors here. :thumbsup:

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would absolutely consider ordering from a sponsor next time. If not that, then I would have no problems going back to the dealer I ordered from this time, they were great too. I love our sponsors but I don't think it would've been a "little bit" longer. I think it would've been quite a bit longer, and no I would not have voluntarily waited a few more months. I might not even have my car right now which I've had for over a month. I appreciate everything Eric, Scotty, and others did for us though, don't think I'm not appreciative.
Ok lemme change the verbage a little. If one of the sponsors could get you your car at the same time your local dealer, would you consider traveling this time or next time you look at purchasing. I know or hope everyone appreciates us, and we respect each and every one of you as well. It is just a question, more for my knowledge to see how loyal customers are to their local shop vs. going somewhere they may never have been just by what they read and by word of mouth. No hidden agenda here PROMISE!!!!

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Honestly? I would have flown to Texas and driven it back. I would have liked to have had those GM discounts! Oh well, I budgeted for this thing, so I'll deal with it. :(

·
Registered
381 Posts
quote!

No, I wouldn't...order from my dealer again. I'd like to go to a dealer who actually cared about customers. :):;):cool::D:lol::rolleyes::thumbsup:

^
|
|
|
|

:5go::

Rick

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
My dealer wasnt that bad. I was let down in a few areas but for the most part it worked out. However knowing I missed out on discounts ticked me off a bit. I would like to order from a sponsor next time and make my vacation from work that year a road trip to pick up the car.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Sure Eric, now I'm going to have to order more of my Camaro Scotty Thank you baskets.....email people in HIGH PLACES to get those little extra's that make the deal more enjoyable! ;)

Honestly though, your forum feedback is great, and helps us, no, INSPIRES US to continue to sponsor this GREAT site. I don't know another site where competing Chevy dealers get along with each other so well! (ask Eric about Diller's quality service in Parts!)

Go to a vette forum and see if that holds true!

Proud to be here today, prouder to be here tomorrow!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Ok lemme change the verbage a little. If one of the sponsors could get you your car at the same time your local dealer, would you consider traveling this time or next time you look at purchasing. I know or hope everyone appreciates us, and we respect each and every one of you as well. It is just a question, more for my knowledge to see how loyal customers are to their local shop vs. going somewhere they may never have been just by what they read and by word of mouth. No hidden agenda here PROMISE!!!!
Well now that changes everything. 100% would I order from a sponsor who gave me the same discounts (I know you guys do) and if I got it at the same tim. Wouldn't be much of a travel for me to Grapevine either.

·
Registered
472 Posts
No, I would rather buy from someone that I can deal with in person if I have issues.
I've been lucky with the three Chevys I bought, but I also know someone that bought a Lumina, or should I say Lemona, and I can't imagine, despite the odds against it actually happening, of dealing with that with a dealer that is 500 miles away from me.

You wanted to know. :eek:

·
Registered
471 Posts
No, I would rather buy from someone that I can deal with in person if I have issues.
I've been lucky with the three Chevys I bought, but I also know someone that bought a Lumina, or should I say Lemona, and I can't imagine, despite the odds against it actually happening, of dealing with that with a dealer that is 500 miles away from me.

You wanted to know. :eek:
I don't see what the ordering dealership has to do with that. Your local dealer would have to cover the warranty repairs the same as any dealer would. :confused:

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do want to know and I want the answers to be honost! I hear that from time to time, that people don't want to take the car they bought else where to their local shop for service. I can say that I see that part, but on the flip side, the local guy would love to have your service business. That's where all the real money is to be made any way. That's why we here at Classic, LOVE when we see other dealer's tags on the back of cars that are here in our shop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would have much rather dealt with one of the sponsers here but there are none close enough to me. You have treated us better than many many local dealers would have.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Since you want honesty:lol:
I have to say this....the dealership where I have been purchasing from for 15yrs has treated me very very good...including my current purcahse (TPW 9/14). But, if my dealer where one of my fellow bikers and also my friend ever started being an A$$ I would certainly go out of my way to goto one of the sponsors from this site....they have been great as far as I can tell. They keep thier customers well informed and treat them very good. Even though I have not bought from either of you...I am still greatful you are all here. And maybe there will be a time when I will stop by and say hi.:lol::notworthy::cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did order from you Eric, and still waiting..........and waiting.......but seriously, it was worth the trip to Grapevine for the no hassle, no mark up sales experience. I have had the chance to cancel and order somewhere else for an earlier allocation, but Eric took care of me when the other dealers wouldn't so the extra wait is worth it!!

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Touching on the service topic.....I just got off the phone today with a guy, who's friend bought a car out of State.....the local dealer told him "we will not work on it here"......That is plain STUPID! A dealership turning DOWN work??? Mechanics get paid when they fix cars...Service shops have down days too - like Eric, we LOVE to see surrounding dealer tags coming into our shop - and it happens quite often, but that may be because we have the highest CSI score in SE Wisconsin! There is NO DIFFERENCE working on a 2010 Camaro bought here, or if it was bought down the road, or from Classic....NO DIFFERENCE! This guy lives in Louisiana...I also hear this is a big issue in Georgia too... I recommend ANYONE getting turned down for warranty work to call GM's 800 number and report that dealership....I might be seeing his order anyway, because of the savings. I'm willing to bet there's a dealer somewhere close by that will work on the car. Just tell them you just moved here :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Let me ask this...
Does it it bother either of you, or any of the other sponsors when people are calling to check up on their order status???
Honestly?
I can imagine you guys get tons of calls asking "whats my status?' "When is my car going to go through?" ETC...

I think that is one other area that people are getting pissy about, is the lack of courtesy for the person that is buying something important to them, and their salesman just sees it as another say with money in their pocket..

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Let me ask this...
Does it it bother either of you, or any of the other sponsors when people are calling to check up on their order status???
Honestly?
I can imagine you guys get tons of calls asking "whats my status?' "When is my car going to go through?" ETC...

I think that is one other area that people are getting pissy about, is the lack of courtesy for the person that is buying something important to them, and their salesman just sees it as another say with money in their pocket..
Thanks to Eric's thread, I rarely get asked....I post up some when I have time in there, as does Anna.....

Before that thread, I'd do 40 a day! Some people thanked us with little gifts which was cool. But I guess thats how we all roll. Treat someone like they were your OWN customer.....maybe some day they will!

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If it bothered me, I wouldn't be doing it!! Now understand that as sales people we are here to sell. This is a comission based job. I don't get paid to check orders like the other site. I don't expect anything back except for respect and maybe a chance to earn your business one day:)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts