Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if its going to be a push button start. I guess I'm partial to just having a key.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Push start would just drive the price
It would give them a good reason to... frankely I dont care how I start it.... I just cant freaking wait

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I drove a toyota Prirus and I have to say I love the way the car starts. On that car you just keep the key in your pocket and it knows its there. to start the car you just push start. No screwing with the key or anything. No the S2000 you have to have the key in and then push start when you could have just started it with the key instead of having to find the button after putting in the key. Kinda pointless to me.

But I think the Camaro will just have a regular key. I sure hope it don't have the S2000 type of starting though.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
My 1994 Vette knows when the key fob is in/around the car. I would like to just have a start button to push, instead of actually having to pull the key out and put it in.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
My 1994 Vette knows when the key fob is in/around the car. I would like to just have a start button to push, instead of actually having to pull the key out and put it in.
Thats what the kind I was talking about too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
where lazy lol. turning our wrist half an inch is to hard to do we have to push a button. its a cool little feature but id prefer somthing more useful.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
The C6 ignition is pretty nifty.
Key fob in the pocket and push the button, off you go. :)

I wouldn't mind that setup, but I think I still would prefer the regular style.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I didn't know it was like that on a C6

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
It's not the laziness part, it's the old technology of the key. I've had to use a key on my corvette door for 2 years now (never got a fob with it, wasn't sure it would work). Just got the fob for my b-day, programmed it, and I love it. Don't have to worry about scratching paint anymore, just walk up and it unlocks. It's soooo much nicer. The push button ignition just takes that one step further. Why worry about dangling keychains banging around. Leave it in your pocket, push a button. I'm all over that.

·
8,984 Posts
6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
it would be nice to have
but god forbid we had to reach into our pockets 2 start up a demon
=]

·
8,984 Posts
Right.....I kinda like the feel of turning the key with my best girl next to me......if you know what I mean!

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is a classic car look and should have a key to start it. Remote start on the keychain and that's all the technology I need in this baby..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I guess you've never had those type of key's fail on you and you are stuck and can't get into your car.. It has happened with my mothers Mercedes and it ain't fun let me tell you..

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I guess you've never had those type of key's fail on you and you are stuck and can't get into your car.. It has happened with my mothers Mercedes and it ain't fun let me tell you..
I thought all of them had a backup regular key built in :confused: I know some are made into the remote. Also aren't the remotes passive?

Atvantages:
-No need to pull out your key
-You can start your car faster. When your in a hurry or on the go, its nice not to have to fumble with a key.
-some remotes can receive service data from the car, which can then be read in the service department without the car being physically present.
-better for drivers with disabilities that impede their ability to grip and turn a key, example: arthritis
-No more keys locked in the car

As long as there is a backup key, what are the disatvantages?
I mean if it had a regular key and the push button, would you still put the key in to start it?
The only disatvantage I could see would be cost and it could add a few pounds.
I don't think it will make it onto the 2009 Camaro but I would love have it on mine.
I know some people just wouldn't like it at first because of being used to doing it the other way for so long. Just like some people I know don't like auto headlights or auto down windows. The better designs of those include a way to disable those fetures. Some auto headlights and auto window down allow you to opperate them manually for those that would rather opperate them manually.
So IMO if they can keep the cost down and make it in a way that allows those who still want to put the key in to do so, then why not?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts