Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General Motors did a "outstanding job", "designing", "building", and "doing it right the first time".

I have read several post on this site only, (the only true 5th Gen Camaro site), several are positive, and several are negative. I think everybody agrees who are true Camaro fans, I want one yesterday!!!!!

The Camaro will no longer be considered "the poor mans covette", more like the corvettes younger brother (corvette owners thoughts), man! that Camaro strikes like a lightning bolt)!!!!

I'm looking forward to purchasing the new 5th Gen Camaro, to enjoy and drive it everyday. I know this Camaro will be great for anything I throw at it, cruising around town, or heading to the mountains for vacation. I couldn't ask for a more affordable, superior built Camaro.

Can you picture somebody spotting a couple of new Camaro's on car haulers heading to the dealership this winter, they stalk the car hauler all the way back to the dealer, jump out of their car, scale the car hauler and grab the first Camaro they come to and scream out loud, "this one is mine"!!! That would be a cool and funny comercial.

I want a black SS/RS Camaro, with white rally stripes, (if dealer has to add stripes, so be it), largest V8 that I can have with a automatic, black leather interior. Any options that GM will allow me to order will be a bonus in my book. This dailey driver will sit next to my 1970 black SS Camaro with white rally stripes, V8 400hp, 4-speed, black interior and talk smack (which one of us will he drive next) ;)

Semper Fi, Camaro Owner
Rick

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
my only regret is how long it's freaking taking to get one!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I have a few small problems...

I would want a V6/V8 with maybe 350 Horsepower-something to slot in between the 300-400 horsepower blank spot- something to directly rival the Challenger R/T. Something like the Pontiac G8 GT's engine.

I want a Z-28!

Why isn't the HUD available until later? You want to make a great first reaction. I'll definitely wait for the HUD to be available.

Why have we been waiting this long for prices?

Why have we been waiting this long for the Camaro, period?

Where are the sliding headlight covers on the RS package?

Other than those tiny problems, the Camaro is definitely the best comeback ever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hell yea! Can't wait to get one.

I am used to waiting for products, so that doesn't bother me anymore.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yea, I can wait.... Need to make a few more payments on my trade-in:rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a few small problems...

I would want a V6/V8 with maybe 350 Horsepower-something to slot in between the 300-400 horsepower blank spot- something to directly rival the Challenger R/T. Something like the Pontiac G8 GT's engine.

I want a Z-28!

Why isn't the HUD available until later? You want to make a great first reaction. I'll definitely wait for the HUD to be available.

Why have we been waiting this long for prices?

Why have we been waiting this long for the Camaro, period?

Where are the sliding headlight covers on the RS package?

Other than those tiny problems, the Camaro is definitely the best comeback ever.
Fair enough... pretty typical complaints, some of them have easy answers.

If the Camaro is successful we will probably see a Z28, no one expected it to be announced now or available at launch.

Price is usually determined right before production starts. GM has to know how much it is going to cost them to build it before they know what to charge.

The Camaro was an all new platform, its development time was pretty typical, if not short.

No sliding headlight covers because of DOT regulations. You can't have anything covering the lights that might break and have idiots driving around with no lights at night. Do you know of any new cars with "hidden headlights?"

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Good post Rick! I am happy for you that the car is exactly what you want.

·
Registered
637 Posts
There will be no Z28...the program got axed...its the v6 and V8 and then an SS model i believe
Do a little more reading on here. No Z28 AT LAUNCH, it may come later we dont know.

Welcom to the board.:patriot:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Do a little more reading on here. No Z28 AT LAUNCH, it may come later we dont know.
I wish that issue wasn't so grey. They have not said it will definitely come out either and this will hand cuff a few guys because they need to know conclusively if its coming before going out and buying an SS.

Nothing happier than a die in the wool Z/28 guy dropping 40K on an SS only to find out a year later that he could have had a Z-8. My play on words there :lol:.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
General Motors did a "outstanding job", "designing", "building", and "doing it right the first time".

I have read several post on this site only, (the only true 5th Gen Camaro site), several are positive, and several are negative. I think everybody agrees who are true Camaro fans, I want one yesterday!!!!!

The Camaro will no longer be considered "the poor mans covette", more like the corvettes younger brother (corvette owners thoughts), man! that Camaro strikes like a lightning bolt)!!!!

I'm looking forward to purchasing the new 5th Gen Camaro, to enjoy and drive it everyday. I know this Camaro will be great for anything I throw at it, cruising around town, or heading to the mountains for vacation. I couldn't ask for a more affordable, superior built Camaro.

Can you picture somebody spotting a couple of new Camaro's on car haulers heading to the dealership this winter, they stalk the car hauler all the way back to the dealer, jump out of their car, scale the car hauler and grab the first Camaro they come to and scream out loud, "this one is mine"!!! That would be a cool and funny comercial.

I want a black SS/RS Camaro, with white rally stripes, (if dealer has to add stripes, so be it), largest V8 that I can have with a automatic, black leather interior. Any options that GM will allow me to order will be a bonus in my book. This dailey driver will sit next to my 1970 black SS Camaro with white rally stripes, V8 400hp, 4-speed, black interior and talk smack (which one of us will he drive next) ;)

Semper Fi, Camaro Owner
Rick
That's a great post, Rick! Now, if GM uses your idea for a commercial, are ya gonna expect some kind of royalty!?? (I would if I were you)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts