Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm back y'all.

I will be parting ways with my Stingray Z51 this Saturday.

There's a few reasons for this...

1. New Camaro SS is just as good as the Stingray.

2. New Camaro SS rides smoother and passenger cabin is quiter.

3. New Camaro SS seats are more comfortable.

4. My L1 and L5 are shot in my back and going on road trips in the Stingray, even with her magnetic ride, gets kind of uncomfortable.

5. And it looks pretty dog gone SUH-WEET!

Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE my Stingray and would recommend one to anyone.

It's just with my back the way it is and not needing surgery(something I want to avoid) at this time, this is a better fit for me.

I'll give more details when I'm not at work.

For now, she's a 2017 2SS with a butt-load of mods on the way.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,255 Posts
I wondered about the ride quality and comfort of the 'Vette vs. my SS.
I've got arthritis in my hips, and the seat bolsters on the SS cause me some pain when the weather changes.

Getting old sucks.

·
Livin' the dream!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Patriot, we're not getting older... we're "aging" like a fine wine. ;-)

My L1 and L5 in my back are shot, but not bad enough for surgery yet. I want to avoid that if at all possible.

I've always said from the beginning that If the Stingray gave my back problems, I'd get rid of it.

I've had 3 fun years in the Stingray so I have no regrets trading my ZL1 and ordering one.

I didn't go for the new ZL1 cuz I'm just beyond the "my d**k is bigger than yours" horsepower "war". The SS is enough for me and the $30k I saved over the ZL1 will go far into mods and savings.

The new Camaro is a "hands down" choice over the Stingray for comfort in the cabin and ride quality if you've got back problems.

BOTH are definitely great cars and I love them both!

I'm back in a Camaro and I couldn't be happier. My back couldn't be happier either.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Welcome back!!
I just made the switch back two weeks ago. I had a 2010 Camaro for 55,000 miles, a 2008 Corvette for 20,000 miles, and a 2014 Corvette for 52,000 miles before coming home to a 2017 Camaro SS!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts