Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really conflicted on this. While I think its great that the Camaro is doing so well for Chevy, and I'm seeing many on the road. Part of me wishes that the SS was a limited run, to keep them unique. The dealer below my house has 6 Camaros, 4 are SSs. What does everyone else think?

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
even IF/when , they bring the "z28" out, that might not be limited production car. but if you wanted limited production , you would have better odds of that getting it than the SS

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
even IF/when , they bring the "z28" out, that might not be limited production car. but if you wanted limited production , you would have better odds of that getting it than the SS
Even then, they'll make every one that they can sell. The only thing that will make it "rare" is the price of admission.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Even then, they'll make every one that they can sell. The only thing that will make it "rare" is the price of admission.
Heh, clone the Corvette Hierarchy.

Corvette: Corvette.. Gran Sport.. Z06/Z07.. ZR1
Camaro: LS/LT.. RS Trim.. SS.. Z/28

Still, the best trim of any car; is the one you build yourself. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
With all the things you can do to these cars ALREADY, your car can be a unique as you want it, hell buy a LS, throw some mean twin turbos on it, upgrade the suspension and slap better tires on the stock rims. You could have a sleeper the would eat an SS just because they are not expecting you to be able to pull. I do not think there are 2 identical cars on this site, for example, JoSSh and Selena might have a car that at a glance, looks the same but they have modified their cars in ways that are inhereint to thier individual tastes and visions of what they wanted. I am seeing more and more Camaros on the PHX area too, and every one of them waives at me when we pass each other. If you love the Camaro it dose not matter who has one, there is even another IBM here in PHX with SIM hood and hockey stripes, you might think that that makes my car less unique, I say it just gives me some one else to blame!:lol:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Let 20 years or more go by and time will make "good condition" SS's rare. It just gives you more donor cars to get parts from in 20 years when you need to fix something on your car then. Look at the 1st gen cars for an example. There were lots of them made but only a handful of good condition original cars are left.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I'm really conflicted on this. While I think its great that the Camaro is doing so well for Chevy, and I'm seeing many on the road. Part of me wishes that the SS was a limited run, to keep them unique. The dealer below my house has 6 Camaros, 4 are SSs. What does everyone else think?
Outselling the Mustangs means the Camaro won't go on "hiatus" again anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Let 20 years or more go by and time will make "good condition" SS's rare. It just gives you more donor cars to get parts from in 20 years when you need to fix something on your car then. Look at the 1st gen cars for an example. There were lots of them made but only a handful of good condition original cars are left.
Also more stunt cars to use in movies featuring Camaros. :D

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Any camaro can be made unique. I think you really mean "exclusive", for that you will need to step up to a ZR1 or some european import. But then you will definitely being paying a premium for that exclusivity.

or you can just wait for a Z28, that should be a little more exclusive than the SS.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Also more stunt cars to use in movies featuring Camaros. :D
That's another good point. Just look at how rare quality original condition 69 Chargers are since so many of them were destroyed making the Dukes of Hazard shows.

Either way "rare" cars or "limited production" cars are still not really worth any more money until they are 20 years old anyhow. So you have to buy that "limited production" car with the intention of keeping it for 20 years in order for it to gain any value for you.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
That's another good point. Just look at how rare quality original condition 69 Chargers are since so many of them were destroyed making the Dukes of Hazard shows.

Either way "rare" cars or "limited production" cars are still not really worth any more money until they are 20 years old anyhow. So you have to buy that "limited production" car with the intention of keeping it for 20 years in order for it to gain any value for you.
And not drive it. Borrrrring.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Any camaro can be made unique. I think you really mean "exclusive", for that you will need to step up to a ZR1 or some european import. But then you will definitely being paying a premium for that exclusivity.

or you can just wait for a Z28, that should be a little more exclusive than the SS.
might as well buy a hennessey,callaway,fessler/moss, lingenfelter or slp camaro at that price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can also treat your car to the finest (for the most part) ans still have it worth something in 20 years. We are making what most would say are minor customizations but....we are saving everything original on the car and storing it. that way 20 years from now I or my son could put it back to factory relatively easily and wow.....there is a 20 year old Camaro with original factory parts.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts