Modern Camaro Forums banner

Im disapointed with my local dealership.

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  TX_SS 
#1 ·
Why? because, a couple of days ago i went and ask if they had camaros available. Then the salesman told me "Yes, actually we are one of the dealerships with more camaros in texas" then he took me where they had all the camaros, they were like 12-14 but very little options of colors, they had lots of yellow, 1red, lots of inferno orange,1 black and 1 silver. i look at the outside, sit on the interior (by the way, the interior looks great!) and then i saw at the price and S**T! AT LEAST $10,000 OVER MSRP. The cheapest camaro was a black 1lt and it cost around 36k! then i went to check the SS and the price was around 52k!. Then the salesman toldme that i can also order one and just give 500 dollars down payment and from 6 to 8 months it will be there. I rather wait than pay that amount of money. :angry:

#7 ·
It may be the fact that it is a GM supported website and they are bound to use the MSRP for pricing. The fact that they are asking so much of a markup really pisses me off. In the MSRP, the dealer already has their profit built in. Anything over that and they are simply gouging their customers. That's my opinion. In the really small print, GM has left them a loophole to do this and get away with it. It's in the "other fees" wording in the pricing disclaimer.

#8 · (Edited)
RUN FROM THAT DEALER! I know of 2 dealerships in this area with cyber grey SS's sitting on their lots for MSRP. I was treated fairly by my dealer on the 1 SS that I have. They will charge whatever they can get away with just like the Harley dealers used too. Blame the sychophant yuppie a-holes who are willing to put up with this crap to be Kewl. I will paraphrase a bker's statement about the Harleys. " They used to want to kill us, now they want to be us."

#10 ·
Call Classic Chevrolet in Sugarland or grapevine. MSRP and great people to do business with. I think they are asking 500 down. Give it a shot and enjoy the ride home.

#13 ·
MSRP Pricing

When I price a car on the GM web site, it asks for your zip code than lists the dealers. In my case, in the NY area. You can check the window sticker on line but that doesn't necessarily mean that the sticker price is what they are selling it for. In addition to the substantial profit between the retail price and the "real dealer cost", the dealer gets a 3% kick back based on the vehicle list price after the car is sold. That alone is another $1,200 on a $40,000 car! That is the way it was a few years ago & I believe it still is now. I guess that is how the dealer will sell some models at dealer cost or a few dollars over dealer cost and still be able to pay their bills!

#14 ·
well - I cannot tell you what to do - but I can say this - there are a LOT of Chevy dealers in Texas -- I'd shop.

That said - the dealer MAY have bought them from another dealer for more than invoice-- there ARE dealers who are buying them up and then marking them up so that they can make a profit.

It's all about Free markets -- (and that's a good thing, by the way...)

If the demand is much higher than supply, some will be willing to pay more to get an early one....that's their perogative.

#17 ·
TX_SS and I are fortunate to live near a dealership that is just like the sponsor's here....MSRP and all discounts. There are several dealers in our area that think this car is thier golden goose. I for one will never go to a dealer who is willing to try and rip my head off. I have purchased several vehicles from my dealer because of the treatment I get from this dealer everytime I go there.

#18 ·
Supply and demand is one thing, but that is outright GREED. There are some very reputable, honest, and fair dealers and more importantly, the salesmen who support this site that deserve your business. Please see them and wait if they don't have an allocation open right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.