Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got rear-ended while waiting at a red light in San Fran yesterday! :angry: Holy crap I was pissed, but I think I was pretty nice about it. The other driver actually claimed that her floor mat got stuck on the brake pedal, but changed her tune as soon as I said, "you must be kidding" (her car is a Volvo).. and I was still nice! I just hope this gets taken care of quickly, without any hassle over who's at fault, because it sure as heck wasn't me.

:shakefist:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Ouch that sucks hope you get it fixed soon with no problems :angry:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
That really sucks, after taking off the front clip I have realized that any front or back "fender benders" are going to be costly. Hope you can get it fixed right away, but at least it is still in a driveable condition, even if it dose annoy the heck out of you in the mean time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
on the 5th day of owning my car, I was rear ended by some goofy kid driving an old ass toyota camry. He hit a car, into another car, into mine. When we were waiting for the police to come the kid asked if I just got the car, and I said "Yes". He then said, "Man that sucks, I just got mine too..." referring to his crappy camry! Really!? FML.. got it fixed about 3 weeks later thank god. needed a whole new bumper

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
call their insurance, say they rear ended you at an intersection and no hassle! just don't fall over when they say to bondo it instead of replacing the entire bumper!

and make sure you go to the dealer... they are the most expensive ;)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
call their insurance, say they rear ended you at an intersection and no hassle! just don't fall over when they say to bondo it instead of replacing the entire bumper!

and make sure you go to the dealer... they are the most expensive ;)
If they even suggest that (bondo) as an option I'll have a conniption fit. :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
i guarantee some sketchy body shops would do it, and claim they bought a new bumper!

Yuck Weland.:( Hope you get it fixed fast back into perfect condition.

RedJewel- how can you tell if its bondo? My passenger door has dents in it from that deer I hit almost 2 weeks ago. Should I ask for a new door? I go Friday for my quote.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
dents can be taken out with paintless dent repair if there is no paint damage.

when you go get your car fixed, ask if they can do that. other wise they will weld a rivet to the spot, pull the dent out, sand and bondo the spot smooth and repaint.

bondo isn't always a bad thing! when it is used for an imperfection where the bondo is more than 1/8" thick, then the quality meter goes down! otherwise, it is a great tool for a smooth show car finish!

·
Registered
50 Posts
dents can be taken out with paintless dent repair if there is no paint damage.

when you go get your car fixed, ask if they can do that. other wise they will weld a rivet to the spot, pull the dent out, sand and bondo the spot smooth and repaint.

bondo isn't always a bad thing! when it is used for an imperfection where the bondo is more than 1/8" thick, then the quality meter goes down! otherwise, it is a great tool for a smooth show car finish!
thanks.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
that really sucks, bro. hope it's fixed quick and you can go back to enjoying your ride again :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
True, and better than ye olde alternative..

"Lead Solder" from which we get Lead Sled

Fixing/removing THAT can be a hassle in itself. Hazmat.. yeah.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Mine got rear ended about a month and half ago, I just got it fixed 2 weeks ago right before prom thankfully.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts