Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's nagging at me, and is it just me, about GM's future and more so, should I even buy a Camaro as much as I want one ? Can they build and sell a performance car in today's economy and be profitable ? What about sufficent parts replacement from suppliers ? Considering gas prices and the tightening of credit, (will I get a loan and at what rate ?)
If the Camaro goes the way of the GTO and SSR in a few years what good would that be ?
Remember the demise of the Camaro in the first place, lack of buyers.
Ford held on with the Mustang through thick and thin, GM failed to rally Camaro/Firebird.
I can buy most any part new for my 69 Chevelle, a car that's hasn't been made for 40 years. But they made hundreds of thousands of them and a market exists. If GM can't find a market for Camaro, (will it become a specialzed car like the Corvette ?) and the rest of it's cars along with every American that says they will continue to buy foreign and allow domestic cars to fail, then the future doesn't look like much fun.
What say you ?

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I say if you wanta Camaro - buy one :cool:

Comparing it to the GTO is not very realistic. GM brought the GTO to US showrooms to fill a void temporarily. The GTO was not meant to be a long standing offering to the US market and the price was found to be a little steep by most and caused them to sit on showrooms until production ended and it took deep discounts to move the rest of them.

The SSR, was more of a flagship project. A real niche vehicle, first underpowered and priced too high.

GM has shown so far the Camaro progam seems to be on track for a sales success, if the economy cooperates :cool:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
oh boy...another one of these threads:confused:geez, try and be a little optimistic.:rolleyes:

if you want a camaro and are in the financial position to buy one, don't worry about all the other stuff. if you have good credit you'll get a loan. the credit industry will hopefully be in better shape by the spring...if it's worse, than no one will be selling any cars, not just GM.

we pretty much know the camaro will be a great car...compared to the other cars in it's "class", it's a lot of car for the money...it's basically a corvette with a back seat for the price of a mustang. the hope is that the general public will see that, and GM will learn from it's mistakes of the past.

its obvious that gas prices are going to bounce around a bit...but the current prices also tell us that the prices from the summer were just a "bubble" and it's burst. sure, maybe the prices will skyrocket again next summer...if it's that much of a worry for you, go buy a prius.

history will tell us that the economy will get better...it goes up, it goes down. most recessions don't last too long and are followed by good economic years. it's been posted before that the camaro's best sales years were during the '70's...when the economy and oil prices were also a mess...of coarse, things were different back then...but they sold A TON of camaro's.

OK dude...pick your head up...you have a camaro on order!:D

·
Registered
313 Posts
..you could just buy a Honda Civic.. im sure you'll be very..umm.. happy with the milage.

Seriously - Camaro is on firm ground.. GM is supporting this car 100%

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
GO CAMARO!!! Who knows, in the future you might be able to swap out the engine for a Hemi.
why would you want to make your camaro slower?:confused: (and worse on gas).

·
Registered
471 Posts
We need to create a Chicken Little emoticon for all these people whose skies are falling.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Get what you want and stop worrying about things you can't control!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Not trying to be confrontational, but don't get one then. If you have to question yourself about a car that you're going to buy, why are you still getting it? IMO, the Camaro is one of the best deals on the Market, but if you ever have to second guess yourself about if you should be getting one, then I'd say you're more of a 'Stanger. Because they always second guess.

and it's an SS? zomg

·
Registered
544 Posts
its obvious that gas prices are going to bounce around a bit...but the current prices also tell us that the prices from the summer were just a "bubble" and it's burst. sure, maybe the prices will skyrocket again next summer...if it's that much of a worry for you, wait a little longer and put in an order for the Chevy Volt.
Fixed :D

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts