Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm Dawn. I've been the proud owner of a 2006 Civic Si for over a year now. I love the car to death. I've spent way too much money modifying the car to be left with a car that looks good, but still doesn't have the power I want. I wasn't planning on getting rid of it any time soon until I saw the Camaro Concept in motion. I knew I had to have it. I've always wanted a Camaro but I couldn't afford it when I was younger. Now that I'm older, married and have good insurance, I can finally have a car with HP and torque. :D Yay! I can not wait until the new Camaro is in production. I plan on getting a 2010 model to beware of any bugs. In the meantime I can save up some $ for it and enjoy my Honda a little more.

One of my hobbies is photographing cars. I have about a billion pictures of the SI, I'm going to go nuts with the camera when I get the Camaro.

And as requested by Sluuug:

·
8,984 Posts
Welcome, clean car!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I believe in eye catching color (stock preferably) and simple mods. Simplicity is key. No big wings for me.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, USA1 and Octane. This picture taking issue of mine has been so bad over the year that I have 2 digital cameras (one point and shoot, one DSLR) and I bought a Mac to edit the pics on. It's awful.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Welcome and very nice pics.:gr_patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Welcome! Great pics and awsome color!

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
That is one **** sexy SI! :thumbsup:

What's the HP/torque on it now? All stock?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is one **** sexy SI! :thumbsup:

What's the HP/torque on it now? All stock?
Thanks. Well, I haven't had it dyno'd since I had the header installed. I'll get that done in september.

My first dyno was April '06 on a dyno jet. My only mod at the time was an AEM CAI. My max power was 179.9 hp and 137.9 lb-ft. My second dyno was September '06 on a different dynojet. Max power was 184.5hp and the only good torque reading they could get was 134.5 lb-ft. My only mods on that dyno were an Injen CAI and a GReddy Evo II cat back.

My next dyno I'm going to go back to 17" wheels. My mods on the car right now are Injen CAI, Hondata Reflash, SSR race header, GReddy EVO 2 catback. Well see. Similar mods on other dynos have been around 195-199 hp and 140-145 lb-ft. Torqueless wonders that they are. ;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
nice pics, clean SI and welcome!

pix of the engine bay!

I love engine bay pix, no matter what the car...............Not sure why, maybe it's because there's so much to look at.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Welcome! Nice little SI. That color is hot as hell too.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice pics, clean SI and welcome!

pix of the engine bay!

I love engine bay pix, no matter what the car...............Not sure why, maybe it's because there's so much to look at.

Sorry it took me a few days to get back to you. THe internet in the barracks has been sllllllllow. I've added them to the first post.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Very nice, can't wait to see what your future Camaro looks like;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks. Yes, Luwinkle, there's an engine in there. I had to protect the squirrels from the elements. They're in their little ball under the silver cover. Lol. :D It's funny, when I get the Camaro, I'll have 3 times as much engine.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.