Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Sounds like what we expected, base V6 models (that sold very well in previous Camaros) and V8 optional power.
Considering the Camaro had always spanked the Mustang and the current powertrains available in the Corvette, I see no reason to be concerned about performance in the new Camaro :cool:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The disturbing part is if they put the HFV6 up against the Mustang GT in terms of price. Who wouldn't buy the V8 over a V6?

But it sounds like they're going to try to price the SS close to the GT, so its not as disturbing as I feared when I first read through all that.

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
The disturbing part is if they put the HFV6 up against the Mustang GT in terms of price. Who wouldn't buy the V8 over a V6?

But it sounds like they're going to try to price the SS close to the GT, so its not as disturbing as I feared when I first read through all that.
GM has done some dumb things, but even they aren't that dumb :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Chris 96 WS6 said:
Where did it say that?

Although Camaro is expected to have a version of the new 6.2 V8 as top power, there is talk of a high output mid-level V6 that in theory would give this level Camaro performance numbers on par with the pre-2005 Mustang GTs.
it said the HFV6 will give the performance numbers of the pre-05 GT.. doesnt say anything about the price

1 - 6 of 6 Posts