Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
It's an auto manufacturer based in India. I talked some of the Indian folks here and they say they aren't bad cars for what your paying for.
thats all fine and good but..the Ranger getting canned and we get a market player for that void and its from India...not good for the U.S. really is not. We do not need another hand in the pie..:BangHead:

·
Registered
29 Posts
American econemy??? What's that? That died quite a few years ago.

Welcome to the 'global' econemy.

I hate to say it but maybe now's the time to stop rooting for the home team and start investing in the winning team.

America pioneered the idea of quality and customer satisfaction. But it was only a matter of time before the rest of the world caught up and started giving the states a run for it's money.

Don't get me wrong. You cut me and I will bleed red, white and blue. But I refuse to look at the world through rose tinted glasses.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
This POS isn't coming to the USA. There's no way a $2500 car can pass US Govt. crash tests or EPA emission standards. The Chinese are having enough problems getting their throw-away cars certified here. Wouldn't people be better off buying a used Cobalt rather than a new, cheapie, throw-away tin can mobile? I know anyone with half a brain would.:patriot:

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I agree, there's no way a $2500 car passes US standards.
It will fail miserably, just like the first round of Chinese cars.

Welcome to the 'global' econemy.

I hate to say it but maybe now's the time to stop rooting for the home team and start investing in the winning team.
Global economy? Nope.
Global business markets? Definitely.

The lines of domestic and imported are blurred, but there's still a line, a definite line.
You know why everyone else has caught up to the USA in everything?
It's cuz the USA has been playing "nice guy".
It's time for that to stop, and time for the USA to look out for #1.
Time to jump on the bandwagon with import tariffs like every other nation on the planet.
Free trade has outlived its welcome.
Since others won't play nice (and most of the big players haven't ever), why should we anymore?

Wouldn't you like to pick something - anything - off the shelf at any store and see the label "Made in USA" on it again?

I know I sure as heck would.

:patriot:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
FONT][/FONT]

Global economy? Nope.

The lines of domestic and imported are blurred, but there's still a line, a definite line.
Time to jump on the bandwagon with import tariffs like every other nation on the planet.
Since others won't play nice (and most of the big players haven't ever), why should we anymore?

Wouldn't you like to pick something - anything - off the shelf at any store and see the label "Made in USA" on it again?

AMEN:patriot:

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Brandonppr, that last dork in the commercial is what we blue-collar car guys call a STROKE!!!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Jolly Roger...This I could not have said better myself..and sums it up much like I feel..

Global economy? Nope.

I have no problem with a global economy but to be a player you have to have a local economy and were just whoring out everything to China and the likes for what..$$$$$..and where is that getting us? Down the toilet..

Kinda sucks that 99% of our Christmas stuff comes from China..
I am not against things comming from China..thats fine for many things..But cars from India we do not need..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Woah, fellas. Don't get me wrong I would love to see the 'made in U.S.A. tag on products again. I just don't think it's going to happen. That's all I'm saying.

And the reason is relatively obvious. The average consumer doesn't care enough to look where something is made. Especially the cost concious consumer. All they want is the best deal. Waddya know, just about everything on the market today carrying the smallest price tag is from out of country.

I do agree with a tariff. But too many white collars with strong political influence are benefitting from the sale of imports that this won't happen, either.

So the only chance we have of saving the local economy is for conumers to wise up and be a little more patriotic when it comes to shopping.

After all, it does effect us all. For most Blue-collars, we see the outcome in layoffs as our jobs get outsourced. Others in their investments stagnating or falling down.

I really wish that the american economy could once again become as strong as it used to be. But I don't hold any hope.

I just have no faith in the american people to spend the extra dollar to save their own economy, when the long term investment won't be realized for decades.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
So the only chance we have of saving the local economy is for conumers to wise up and be a little more patriotic when it comes to shopping.

After all, it does effect us all. For most Blue-collars, we see the outcome in layoffs as our jobs get outsourced. Others in their investments stagnating or falling down.

I really wish that the american economy could once again become as strong as it used to be. But I don't hold any hope.

I just have no faith in the american people to spend the extra dollar to save their own economy, when the long term investment won't be realized for decades.
That and the bold is where I agree 100%!!!
Maybe the whole lead in Chinese products will change our manufacturing practices where they will think twice about China before shipping the factory there..we have to wise up and like you mentioned and others your on the same page as us Jolly..and there is nothing we could do and I sure as hell wish there was..but any small token and a major purchase like a car should be made to a U.S. company..

·
Registered
29 Posts
You know, as you mention the whole 'we're china and we put lead in everything!' epidemic, I've been watching this unfold and thinking this may be that turning point where consumers will finally turn the product over and check where it's made. Granted it's stemmed from paranoia of giving a child a toy containing lead, but it's a start.

Look at what's happening with the whole 'eco-friendly' vehicles that are coming out. Sure toyota started it, but a year or two later, Al Gore decides he wants to start his warpath about how we as humans are collectively destroying the planet. The timing was perfect. Since the Prius, so many other manufacturers are putting hybrid motors in just about everything they can. And consumers are buying them, simply because they believe it's the right thing to do, and they're afaid of destroying earth.

Maybe all these recalls that chineese companies have been doing might actually scare the public into looking at labels a little closer. Now all we need is the other half of the boot in the ass to make sure they are looking for the right label, and not just avoiding one of the wrong ones.

Again, though, I still don't feel any hope is warrented.

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I still agree with you Jolly..it is a lost cause unless something drastic happened..even more than 9/11 or these scares to get us back on track..

As a refference I thought 9/11 would get us back into the spirit this country was founded on and make us stronger..it did for as long as it put money in peoples pockets profiting off it..now its back to normal..

·
Premium Member
9,152 Posts
NEW DELHI -- India's Tata Motors plans to unveil its ultracheap $2,500 car at an auto show here next month, the company said today.

More...
US standards aside, it seems so strange that any company can produce an automobile of any size and sell it for $2,500 USD without taking a bath on it.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
In my experience, you usually get what you pay for. Until company makes a big reputation, and starts going cheap on production and quality. If I bought a $2500 car, I would expect a $2500 car.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
In my experience, you usually get what you pay for. Until company makes a big reputation, and starts going cheap on production and quality. If I bought a $2500 car, I would expect a $2500 car.
Kinda like how people get all excited about getting a brand new KIA..until it starts acting like a KIA?

I mention this because I know someone who got a KIA not too long ago from their dad and now refers to it as a "POS".

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Kinda like how people get all excited about getting a brand new KIA..until it starts acting like a KIA?

I mention this because I know someone who got a KIA not too long ago from their dad and now refers to it as a "POS".
I think KIA stands for "Kicked it Again". Korean crap.:patriot:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.