Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://indycamaro.com/Indy08/showindex.htm

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f13/camaro-back-indy-2008-a-64137/

General Motors and the Central Indiana Camaro Club Present:
INDY '08 BACK AT THE BRICKYARD
September 19-21, 2008 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

General Motors, Chevrolet Division and the Central Indiana Camaro Club would like to announce an exciting new development in the Camaro world. We have now been authorized to release information that the new production Camaros will be in attendance and unveiled at the Indy 08, Back at the Brickyard Event in September. The car will be unveiled at the event and many different models/engine combos will be available for the general public to review. Expect to see many different color combinations as well.

The 'Back at the Brickyard' Event will be happening in Indianapolis Indiana from September 19-21, 2008 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Hundreds of Camaros, Firebirds, and Pace Car owners will be in attendance to celebrate the unveiling and enjoy this historic event. GM Dignitaries will be in attendance as well to discuss the design, engineering, marketing, and accessories for this new model of Camaro. Vendors will also be on hand displaying their products.

·
Registered
620 Posts
i second that, take lots of good pics and videos too, lol. some of will not be able to make it :(

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
We plan on being there. Room reserved and registration sent! Should be fun!!

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
wish gas wasnt so high.......:hello:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm guessing these will be the 15 marketing cars they are building now. Who ever goes, please be on the look out for a Bumblebee optioned Camaro :)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really hope I get to go. We should meet up there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
gm loves to tease us dont they....

god i cant wait for september... we'll finally know what engine we'll have and hopefully what trim levels.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Awesome!! Work is paying for my trip up there! Too bad I'll have to fly and can't bring my car with me. Ohh well, I get to see what my new car is going to look like!

Since I'll be up there the whole week before, I'd love to hang out with any other camaro enthusiasts that come up early.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sounds fun, KWarner. They wouldn't happen to want to pay for a guest, too, would they? :p Anywho, I'd love to go up, but I don't even know how to begin trying to get tickets at all, or reserve a place.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's what the update says:
UPDATE: We've contacted GM to inquire about the validity of this story, and they tell us that the production Camaro will not debut at this event. It will actually debut BEFORE then at a place TBD. Hmmm... what event takes place before September that would be an appropriate place to debut an iconic muscle car? If you'd all like to meet us at the Coney Island restaurant on Woodward Ave. the Thursday before the Dream Cruise, we'll buy you a coney.
Maybe I'm just dense (or I'm at work and my brain is useless right now), but can someone explain to me what this event is they're talking about? My guess is an auto race of some kind, but again, I'm probably missing something.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We need to hear from fbodfather about this.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It wouldnt be that the car is going to pace the INDY 500 would it, after all the camaro and vette have paced more indy races then anyother car?????hmmmmm, or did the race pass already i never remember lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts