Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know of any products to help me, I have to wipe of my inside sills constanly because eveytime someone gets in, they scuff the black area that meats the floor, then when they get out, its on the bottom of the door..I know, someones gonna repond and say "Be more carefull" or something like that, I was wondering if anyone knows of anything.

·
Registered
731 Posts
you could put a towel there i know the spot since the car is so low peoples shoes constantly hit it.or tell the person whose getting in they need to take off there shoes and wear pink bunny slippers so they wont scuff your interior

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
i had the same problem when i got my car, but i used Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant to detail the interior panels and dash and i haven't gotten a scuff since.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G4016

interior2.jpg interior door2.jpg interior rocker panel.jpg

If you don't like the shine this one makes they also sell a Natural Shine Protectant for that original, natural finish. I'm sure any interior detailer will work like Armor-All, Mothers, or Turtle Wax Products as long as they say they are a protectant as well.

i also used their interior leather cleaner & conditioner and boy does it bring out the look of the leather! makes the seats look like they belong in a ZR1!

interior seats1.jpg interior seats3.jpg interior headrest.jpg

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
i had the same problem when i got my car, but i used Meguiar's Supreme Shine Protectant to detail the interior panels and dash and i haven't gotten a scuff since.

http://www.meguiarsdirect.com/detail/MEG+G4016

I'm sure any interior detailer will work like Armor-All, Mothers, or Turtle Wax Products as long as they say they are a protectant as well.

NO Armor-All that is the worse thing you can use on your car...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, appreciate the help, will get some this week!

·
2016 Camaro 1SS
769 Posts
I don't care for the products with silicone in them. That could lead to a different thread ,but I mean car care products. I hate how it collects dust and feels like slime afterwards.

Use Adams VRT and really like it.

Why is armor-all the worse thing?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why is armor-all the worse thing?
armour-all has a high silicone content and in time it dries out plastic and vinyl . goes for leather also..... no armour all ! Lexol is the best for leather. Hard to find and expensive. It was made for horse saddles. For vynol macquires is good

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
I don't care for the products with silicone in them. That could lead to a different thread ,but I mean car care products. I hate how it collects dust and feels like slime afterwards.

Use Adams VRT and really like it.
yea Armor-all leaves that greasy feel from the silicone. the meguiars stuff isn't oily at all. i guess whatever you use as long as its not greasy and oily its ok in my book!

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
armour-all has a high silicone content and in time it dries out plastic and vinyl . goes for leather also..... no armour all ! Lexol is the best for leather. Hard to find and expensive. It was made for horse saddles. For vynol macquires is good
the local Pep Boys had both Meguiars and Lexol, but the bottle for Lexol looked too plain for me since i've never heard of it until now. Never owned a car with leather until now so i just went with a name i trusted. i might try the Lexol once my current bottle runs out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts