Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just Installed my painted heritage grille on My cyber Gray Camaro. It looks great and was A LOT easier than people made it sound like to install. I did it alone in about 90minutes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice.....I like that, I want to do my like that.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Looks awesome! thats top of my list for spring

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone!
-Kunk1963, Looks great! did you paint the whole thing billet and all? or just the trim? From the pics it looks like you painted everything.
-StonMaro, I'm glad I could help change your mind! :cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice, I actually thought about doing that, but cyber grey. I thought it could look either really cool and different or absolutely awful!! I chose the safer rout and just painted the trim. I was also a little concerned with painting over the texturing on the billet since its not smooth. Glad yours came out good!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
did u have it painted at a shop or do it yourself? this will be my next question after i get mine. i like to do things like this on my own and am pretty good with a spray can. its not really in a "high traffic" area either so i think it would hold up pretty well. what r your opinions?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would strongly suggest having it professionally painted. mostly because the goal would be to color match and get a perfect factory finish to make it look good. Its actually a very noticeable piece, so if its not a good color match or not the same finish, I think you would definitely notice. The other reason is typically you just paint the trim which is a VERY fine and difficult line to maintain when painting. its such a fine line that I was actually worried my painter wouldn't even be able to pull it off. Not everyone paints just the trim though as Kunk1963 just showed us with his where he painted the whole grille. this is the 1st I've heard of anyone doing that, so if thats the direction you're thinking, you'd want to get some advise from him. Others leave it unpainted. Having seen both, I think no matter what color you have, painted looks way better! But thats just personal preference.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Yeah I just Scuffed everything, then Primed it and then painted it with Dupli Color Gloss Black Metallic. Painted the Lower Grill and Running Light Bezels as well. I had the matching IO paint but the All Black gives it the "Bad @$$ / Muscle Look" as my wife would described it. Just Remember it's Ur Ride so do what will make U happy with it!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts