Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this a couple days ago and put it on right away. Install was fairly easy, it took me an hour just because I dropped my flashlight in the abyss below the hood latch. It took a little bit to get the silicone boot over the throttle body, I had to slide it back and slide it forward. Also, tilting the radiator was pretty stiff, but thats good I guess. Other than that easy as pie. It fit fine, but there was still a little movement by the radiator so you can see in the photo my solution with 1/4" bolts and washers through the bracket to hold it steady. Rock solid now. Also the upper rad hose was pushed really close to the power steering pulley, so I trimmed 3" off of it and now it fits great as you can see in the photo. Note to those draining the radiator for the first time: the petcock only turns a 1/4 turn easily, then it feels like its going to break. Just keep going slowly being sure not to apply any inward pressure. I used a 8" crescent wrench and just eased it around until I had a steady flow. Have driven it a few times and let me tell you, there is a really noticeable difference. Bye bye 3rd gear bog-down. This is my first mod and it even changed the way my motor sounds, a more muscley growl. I love it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would if I knew how to do the video thing. It would be masked by the incredible sound of my TSP headers I just put on anyway

1 - 3 of 3 Posts