Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just called and the lady said the camaro isnt even in the system yet...wtf...i was quoted the other day for a 2009 pontiac g8 fully loaded with the 6.0v8 at just 30 more a year than what i pay now. would the camaro stay in similar price range?

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
I got the V-6 my insurance was $400 every six months from State Farm with a $50 deductable for comprehensive and a $250 deductable for collision.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm in the insurance business

Insurance companies like to use actual losses to determine rates , when you have an unknown like a brand new model they start guessing and usually give the new model the benifit of the doubt. My rate went down a fraction when I switched my 04 Chev SSR for the 10 Camaro SS , it had to be "manually rated" and took a few days. No way a new Camaro with 426 Hp should cost less to insure than a 5 year old 300hp SSR but it did. The real test will be next year , once they have data on real Camaro losses the honeymoon will be over.

·
Registered
359 Posts
2SS RS 6MN

250,000/500,000/250,000 full coverage

i'm 36, wifes 37

coverage thru State Farm

$180.71 for 6 months. plus we can put storage on it all winter long.........:thumbsup:

it pays to have great credit, 2 perfect driving records (now that my OWI fell off) and have the Camaro be the 4th vehicle in the stable.

·
Registered
729 Posts
AllState has me for $692 for 6 months including Brand new car replacement if in accident that totals out my car instead of depreciated value for first three years. Also accident forgiveness (one per year doesn't count). Policy is effective as of 6/2/09 unless it delivers early then I call and they adjust.

·
Registered
279 Posts
well, if your my age, look to pay a lot. ive gone over this same topic with several people, and this is the total. get ready, are you ready? MY INSURANCE WILL BE 3500, roughly, EVERY SIX MONTHS. yeah, their trying to screw me without even kissing me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, if your my age, look to pay a lot. ive gone over this same topic with several people, and this is the total. get ready, are you ready? MY INSURANCE WILL BE 3500, roughly, EVERY SIX MONTHS. yeah, their trying to screw me without even kissing me.
yea your getting screwed..i can assure you mine wont be that high...i checked a quote on an 09 pontiac g8 gt with the v8 and fully loaded with all options and my insurance was only 30 more a month than it is now. they must be handing it to you bad..

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi guys :D im 19 so ima have it bad! too cause for my cobalt lt 08 they whanted 700.00$ a month lol i can only imagine the camaro well i do have an idea maybe this can work for people im having the new camaro under my moms name that way it be cheaper to insure +im not driving it much my daily will be the cobalt and the camaro weekend or special ocasions :D

·
Registered
471 Posts
hi guys :D im 19 so ima have it bad! too cause for my cobalt lt 08 they whanted 700.00$ a month lol i can only imagine the camaro well i do have an idea maybe this can work for people im having the new camaro under my moms name that way it be cheaper to insure +im not driving it much my daily will be the cobalt and the camaro weekend or special ocasions :D
I'm 19 too. Once I actually called, it really wasnt bad. Insurance guy was shocked when it came back at $700/6mos for a 2LT. Since it's a new model they have nothing to base it on so they go conservative. Don't worry.

·
Registered
117 Posts
:eek: Sorry for you young fellas. I'm over twice y'alls age and have State Farm and my premium is only going up $18.00 a month. Which makes me :D

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Everyone DOES understand your credit rating has something to do with insurance rates as well, right? 3500 is crazy. Car payments won't even add up to that each year. There's likely a good reason it's that high, not just age...

If you're searching to get rates from different insurers, it most likely will have an effect. If you're going with your same agent, they usually don't recheck it, though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm 19 too. Once I actually called, it really wasnt bad. Insurance guy was shocked when it came back at $700/6mos for a 2LT. Since it's a new model they have nothing to base it on so they go conservative. Don't worry.
Hello :D yes so this means whith what u said is that after they get kinda old like a year or so the insurance will be expensive again?

and thx for posting on:5go::5go::5go:

·
Registered
279 Posts
first off, where did you get that quote from because I would love to try them. and also, the camaro gods are smiling down upon me as I just recieved a quote of 570 a month, much better than the 700 quote i had before. is liberty mutual a good insurance company. also, does anybody know if there are any perks to going to a small around the way insurance brokerage?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I just GOT to ask...WTF did you do to your credit/driving history, etc. that makes insurance companies want to drill you that hard? Seriously? $6840 per year?? For insurance? And you're happy about that? I'm not buying the reason is simply just that you're young. There's more to this I'm betting.

I'd just save your calculated car payment/insurance payments for about 5 years, buy a new Camaro then for cash, then only put liability on it. Dayum. I've never seen a premium for that much on a Camaro. Ever.

·
Registered
279 Posts
no, I never said I was happy with it, but its a start. first down from 700 +, then to 570, finally to 200. im willing to go as high as 200. I believe they're going so hard because I haven't been insured yet, so once I do it will probably go down, when I get my Camaro in about a year or so, it should be much less expensive. And if I pay cash for my camaro, they wont force me to have comprehensive? I never knew that.

·
Registered
279 Posts
BTW I was going to pay about 20k at the down payment, I could probably wait 6 more months and pay it completely off. Good idea?

·
Registered
326 Posts
make sure your loan doesnt have early payoff penalty (sometimes they sneak that it) I wouldnt have a new car without comp, not sure if you can get uninsured motorist without comp, and that's something else I wouldnt go without. If my car was totaled and not covered I couldnt easily replace it. but carrying comp would be up to you if it's paid off.

They force you to have comp if its finanaced so they don't lose their money, if you pay cash they dont care if you lose yours.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just GOT to ask...WTF did you do to your credit/driving history, etc. that makes insurance companies want to drill you that hard? Seriously? $6840 per year?? For insurance? And you're happy about that? I'm not buying the reason is simply just that you're young. There's more to this I'm betting.

I'd just save your calculated car payment/insurance payments for about 5 years, buy a new Camaro then for cash, then only put liability on it. Dayum. I've never seen a premium for that much on a Camaro. Ever.
I agree, that sounds insane. I had full coverage on my truck when I was in my teens for about 650 every six months. Granted it was my truck, not a modern muscle car, but still. I'm glad I just turned 25, so I shouldn't have to worry when I get my Camaro in the next year.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Just for fun, Allstate's featured plan quoted me for $814 for 6 months and the enhanced plan (full coverage) for $4316 for 6 months

I have perfect driving record but I'm 17.

·
Registered
25 Posts
also depends where your from. i live on long island ny and quotes here are higher because of the amount of traffic here vs say alabama or ohio. i pay 900 every 6 months (liability only) for a 2001 kia sephia and its under my dads name. if it where under me it would be about 1500 or more every 6 months :( sucks. im 22 btw

1 - 20 of 23 Posts