Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to get an idea of what my insurance might cost on a 2010 camaro SS. I did a few quotes on USAA and here is what I found

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 176.00 a month
2008 Chevrolet Corvette 166.00 a month

I'm 20 years old In the Army. Do you guys think these rates are comparable to what a new camaro would be?

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Yes, those would be good to use as a guide, but I'm betting the Camaro may be a tad cheaper. But not sure. And probably not a ton. Shop around with different companies, though. Your age/driving record are two of the major things they look at regardless of what else. Where you live makes a difference too. When I was in Miami, liability alone for my work car was $430 every 6 months. Here in SC, when I moved back, only was about $130 every 6 months for the same car. Of course that was 10 years ago and I'm much older than 20.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Insurance definitely does suck at my age. I'm suprised though that I could insure a corvette for $166 I thought it would be around $250.

I really want to order a 2010 camaro but I'm worried if I do when the information finally hits the insurance companies they are going to tell me its $250 a month. This is driving me crazy

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Insurance definitely does suck at my age. I'm suprised though that I could insure a corvette for $166 I thought it would be around $250.

I really want to order a 2010 camaro but I'm worried if I do when the information finally hits the insurance companies they are going to tell me its $250 a month. This is driving me crazy

I can't see it being much (if any) more than the challenger.

·
8,984 Posts
Well at least you know that you are going to get the cheapest rate with USAA....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just got my quote from state farm yesterday on 2ss/rs,I'm 43 with multi car discount,$500.00 deductable,and home and life with them as well,gonna be $97.00 a month,If anybody can get better please let me know where:)............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my quote from state farm yesterday on 2ss/rs,I'm 43 with multi car discount,$500.00 deductable,and home and life with them as well,gonna be $97.00 a month,If anybody can get better please let me know where:)............
I just did a quote from State Farm as well. I will have three cars, a house, and insurance policies...My rate was 43 a month putting it at 516 per year (258 every 6 months). :thumbsup:

I initially called them in December and they did not have the Camaro in the system. I asked them to try the Challenger SRT, and they quoted me 89 dollars a month.

I am 39 with a decent driving record. Two drivers in the policy.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'm gonna call my agent monday to get an idea....those quotes you guys are getting don't sound too bad at all.

·
Registered
472 Posts

The deductibles can really make a difference too.
When I was carrying a loan on my Z28, I still made sure I had as high a collision deductible as they allowed. As soon as I paid off the car loan ( which I admit was only $11K), I dropped collision altogether. I would guess I have $15,000 now that I wouldn't have had if I had been paying collision premiums over the years.
Was it a risk? Definitely. But I figured a simple accident that was my fault would probably top out around $5,000 to repair my Z.
Keep your comprehensive deductible low in case some clown breaks your window or keys the car, but give some thought to collision. I think max deductible with state farm is $2K.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well this thread just gave me the idea to get a quote real quick from gieco here online...

And I have to say I was surprised. I'm 21, have 1 speeding ticket...
Insuring a 2009 Challenger SRT8, $500 deductibles Full coverage...
$178 a month, $1044.80 six month!

Thats less than I'm paying now for my two cars. I can only hope the Camaro SS is close to that, if it is, I will be waiting and saving for an SS model.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So far, so good...

never really gave a lot of thought to the insurance premium, but the numbers you folks have been getting, sound reasonable

·
Registered
176 Posts
My American Family agent can't get me a quoit 'till they have a VIN #.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Be glad none of yall live in NJ. A few years back a 24-year-old friend of mine was paying $4800/year (not a typo) for an RSX, all on account of 2 10 over speeding tickets. Why ppl sell drugs when you can sell insurance is beyond me.

·
8,984 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Progressive has online quotes for Camaros available. Mine was like over 300$ a month lol. That was the package they recommended to me...good luck with that.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just did a quote from State Farm as well. I will have three cars, a house, and insurance policies...My rate was 43 a month putting it at 516 per year (258 every 6 months). :thumbsup:

I initially called them in December and they did not have the Camaro in the system. I asked them to try the Challenger SRT, and they quoted me 89 dollars a month.

I am 39 with a decent driving record. Two drivers in the policy.
"****" thats good, Unfornutely for me geographic's has lot to do with it,close to big city and in FLA. The most expensive place in the world to live,Hey if you don't mind me asking what was your deductable on that?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts