Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my second vehicle, and I already pay over a hundred dollars a months for my little truck... how much more is it for a muscle car...probably a V8 as well; i'm sure that tacks on a few dollars

·
Registered
318 Posts
Really depends on how old you are, and what your driving record is, as well as what state you're in. www.geico.com , give yourself a run through there on a 2008 Mustang GT. I'd expect similar rates for the Camaro. 100$ isn't bad at all, to be honest. I'm 19, turning 20, and my insurance is around 325 for my Monte Carlo SS. I expect the Camaro to come in around 400-410, for me.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had to pay $200ish for liability only on my '84 Camaro. A couple years later, I paid 250ish for full coverage on an '04 GTO. I think it all depends on the gravitation pull from Jupiter at the time of the policy review. :p

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Age, gender, state, color of car, and marrital statue etc are all factors. Males under 26, single in a red or yellow sports car will pay the most. Put it this way when I first got my 00Z28 I was under 26 and had about 3 tickets on my record. They wanted 328$ a month. Now that I am 30 with several vehicles on my ins (05GTO, 00Z28, 07 Escape) I pay about 150 a month.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Like Slim said, color, and number of vehicles, are also a prospect. When I get the Camaro, I'm going to switch my mothers vehicle, as well as my girlfriends and my old Mustang on to Geico as well, to get the best possible discount.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well 250 is not too bad...I think I can afford that. I am 18 and am planning on getting the SS in black..if the color does matter. I have no tickets.. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Really depends on how old you are, and what your driving record is, as well as what state you're in. www.geico.com , give yourself a run through there on a 2008 Mustang GT. I'd expect similar rates for the Camaro. 100$ isn't bad at all, to be honest. I'm 19, turning 20, and my insurance is around 325 for my Monte Carlo SS. I expect the Camaro to come in around 400-410, for me.

**** dude im 21 and i pay 145 a month for my insurance, i expect mine to go up 200 maybe... i got farmers.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I am going to shop around for sure...maybe I will take that **** lizard for a ride and see if he will lower my price.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Years ago in '69 when I bought a new Z/28, I called my insurance man to add it to my policy. I simply told him it was a Camaro sport coupe with the smallest V8 available and got great rates. I was 20 at the time with more than a couple of tickets on my record. Of course, things were simpler then and you would not be able to get by with that in this day and age.
Clyde

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Color is a wives tale. It does not matter.
Wanna bet? My Camaro was red. The blue SS I looked at was a more expensive vehicle but got quoted at 305 from the same company.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Wanna bet? My Camaro was red. The blue SS I looked at was a more expensive vehicle but got quoted at 305 from the same company.
I'd switch insurance companies then. I've never been asked what color my car has been. I've used Progressive, Nationwide and I'm currently with Erie. I've received quotes from Geico, State Farm, Allstate, etc and I was never asked about color.

·
Registered
275 Posts
So, my GTO was rated the same as a Cavalier. The additional monthly fee was due to it being Yellow. This was Farmers, and they are horrible, btw.

(They allowed my ex to get a life insurance policy on me and refused to allow me to cancel it. I thought, "Oh s**t, this is going to be the big twist in the Dateline special about my murder" :|

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some companies to it because of statistics... If you think about it thats how all of the other rices are determined. Ex. 18 year old male get more tickets;) and has a higher rate of getting in wrecks; to a 30 year old female. All of
what you pay is based on stats... perhaps more yellow cars get in accidents.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It's more along the lines of brightly colored sports cars are easier to see. That's why I variate between black and red cars. Everyone has a red car. And black, from far away, makes it a bit hard to discern detail as to what the vehicle is. A fine example of this is I blew past the 5 0 in a black 2002 SS, and my friend, in his Metallic Orange T/A got nailed for doing the same 80mph.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I bought my Vette for this exact reason, dark green = less tickets. I've owned bright red sports cars, and have the tickets to prove that I did.

But my Camaro is going to be Atomic Orange (if it's available), so I'll have to learn when to put the foot down better.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Insurance shouldn't be much different than the going price of 4th gen Camaros. When I had the 83 and the 92 they cost the same to insure. All the insurance saw was 2 V8 powered Camaros of the same body style.

My GTO cost somewhere around $500 a year for full coverage. The insurance agent told me that I could insure a 'vette cheaper than the GTO. Mustangs seem to cost more to insure than Camaros as well for some reason (around here at least). Get a quote on a 08/09 Mustang and you will at least know the worst it can be.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts