Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Camaro drawing ever nearer (slowly as it may seem) the question of insurance is crossing my mind. I've never insured my own car before so this is going out to you more experienced guys out there. I'm wondering what y'all would suggest as a comparable car to the V6 Camaro so that I could start sniffing around to see how much this might cost to insure. I was thinking the V6 Mustang but I don't know enough about what goes into insurance rates to know if that's a better option than say the G6 or G8. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd say the challenger would be a good start. Being a young guy myself I am a little worried about insurance with this car. I am hopeing the V6 will be reasonable but who knows. I think the v6 camaro needs good insurance rates to sell well. I am going to start looking at rates of the challenger soon. I just hope it isn't going to be rape like every other car I have had my hart set on.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Yeah, insurance companies and the general public may not have many Challenger numbers available, but I'm sure you could check for Mustang prices pretty easily. They SHOULD be comparable, V6 to V6 (even though the hp numbers aren't). :D

·
Registered
318 Posts
Haha. Slug, that's what I do! :lol: My grandmother lets me put my vehicles unnder her policy for like, 80$ a month! We priced out a C5 Corvette for me, under her insurance, and the total for a year was like, 400$. :p

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Insurance company's dont like young drivers with high HP.. the laws of physics (and reality) say you will cost them more money than the avg driver..

I would ask for quotes on the V8 mustang. better to error on the high side - but I bet they are very near the same.

progressive
allstate
state farm

and you can try geiko - they might not be so good. but it doesnt hurt to ask for a quote - good luck!

and $1600/6? you better call the police.. you're getting robbed :rotflmao:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I live in the "intercity" I drive a pontiac Grand AM (GT!!! OMG SO MUCH POWER!!) its got 150 hp 155 trq things a joke I have had one accident not my fault, that was before the 1600$ I don't understand why I am at 1600$ in the city with a piece of crap and my friends V6 mustang is 800 a year, I guess its the coverage my mom has(full tort and I guess ridiculous amount of protection) I would love to get a good quote on full tort for under 650$. I am 18 so I can't get a rental car I don't need towing I got my own people.

I want to buy a pontiac sunfire (gt) but its stick I am looking at because I need to perfect stick before the camaro

anyone have a cheap stick car for sale hahaaa :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
I live in the "intercity" I drive a pontiac Grand AM (GT!!! OMG SO MUCH POWER!!) its got 150 hp 155 trq things a joke I have had one accident not my fault, that was before the 1600$ I don't understand why I am at 1600$ in the city with a piece of crap and my friends V6 mustang is 800 a year, I guess its the coverage my mom has(full tort and I guess ridiculous amount of protection) I would love to get a good quote on full tort for under 650$. I am 18 so I can't get a rental car I don't need towing I got my own people.

I want to buy a pontiac sunfire (gt) but its stick I am looking at because I need to perfect stick before the camaro

anyone have a cheap stick car for sale hahaaa :)

Dude, you're so getting screwed by your mom's plan. Does she have coverage for birds crapping on your car too.

As for the stick dilema, I'm in the same situation, thankfully my girlfriend just got a Celica I've been practicing on. The problem is that all those good beaters that have the standard transmissions are now the cars of choice for commuters because of the price of gas. My cousin just got 5K for his 1996 Civic, only had aftermarket wheels and radio, base version nothing special.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The problem is that all those good beaters that have the standard transmissions are now the cars of choice for commuters because of the price of gas. My cousin just got 5K for his 1996 Civic, only had aftermarket wheels and radio, base version nothing special.
That's a good thing for me! Keeps up the value of my 4-banger!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts