Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What products have you all found to work the best for cleaning and protecting the interior plastic dash, door panels, console, etc.? I am sure this subject has probably been addressed before but information I need seems to be scattered throughout many other threads. While I am the proud owner of a three month old 2015 2SS/RS convertible, I am overwhelmed with how much flat looking black plastic makes up it's interior. It has not been treated with anything yet and seems somewhat rough to the touch. It also seems to mark very easily when something rubs against it. It is already showing scuff marks on the lower door panels and around the console area just from very limited normal use. How do I clean it and protect all this plastic for the first time and the future? I am concerned about messing it up by using the wrong product the first time. I have used Turtle Wax Ice on the exterior paint and plastic trim and I like the way it made the plastic look. No white residue. It also seemed to work great on my Rally stripes. I am wondering if it can it be used on the interior plastic as successfully. I have only owned this fifth generation Camaro for three months and it stays in a garage except when driven for pleasure. I love Camaros and had a 1967 convertible that I restored and won many trophies with in car shows. My last Camaro, that I used for a daily driver was a 1996 vert. I also had a 2003 Corvette vert, which I sold to purchase this Camaro. I am counting on your vast experience in what does and does not work. I am looking forward to using this forum to share our experiences with owing our Camaros. Thank you all for your inputs in advance.

· Registered
3 Posts
I would not use anything that leaves a shiny oily residue on dash.could burn your dash with Hot Sun also gets on inside of windows... mess I use only ArmorAll interior Cleaner with microfiber cloth..... cleans and removes scuff marks. ST

· Registered
4,590 Posts
never seen ArmorAll that does not leave anything shiny. so what are you talking about.
not sure the wipes leave them shiny but would tend to agree

· Premium Member
6,274 Posts
This is all you need.

· Registered
513 Posts
I use Armour All myself which leaves nice shiny finish and a berry scent ;)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. I did try 303 and like the look. It darkened and enhanced the black trim but did not leave a shine. I am going to try the Miguiars Wipes if they do not make the dash shiny.

· Registered
114 Posts
I used meguires the other day and can say it is very VERY nice just make sure to of course wipe down with a nice cloth afterwords and then you will look brand new! You'll need of course leather wipes/spray (if you got leather) and then the natural shine protectant.

· Registered
1 Posts
Well, if you need to protect the plastic and refresh the skin, then the Fortador LeatherVinylTrim is out of competition with me, it is inexpensive and effective. By the way, I found it when I read this material Best car interior dressing | Interior dressing for auto detailing there is a lot of useful information about car interior dressing, about means for processing plastic, leather, vinyl. Recommend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts