Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loving what I am seeing of the extrior spy shots and from what the focus group is saying I am really excited to see the finished extrior. With the concept intrior I was blown away and just loved it, but from the little we've seen of the pre-production interiors I am somewhat worried, I know its not finished yet but it seems as if it is almost an afterthought, when I look at the challenger interior everything looks refined. I know that everything can't be leather and billit aluminum like the concept and that it's not finished yet but it is just looking disapointing to me, I havent heard much about the interior styling from the focus group but even though you cant go into much detail what were the general feelings about the interior styling? The one thing that looked really disapointing to me in the spy shots was the shifting knob.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
...when I look at the challenger interior everything looks refined.
Sorry, but the only reason the Challenger interior looks "refined" is because it's the exact same thing that's in the Charger.

I don't know about the Camaro interior personally, but GM is really steeping it up a notch (or 10) lately with their quality. Malibu, G8, new Tahoes and Suburbans. Everything looks/feels great. The Camaro is not going to be like any other interior, from what I've heard, and I'm sure that people will be polarized (either love it or hate it).

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I honestly had reservations about the interior too after seeing the spy shots, but after seeing it in person last weekend and experiencing it up close and personal, it really is pretty cool.

It's a great look, has the perfect cockpit feel, and it's quality!
Just like the exterior, it's a blend of heritage design and new design, and the development team put it together quite nicely. :cool:

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have to say I love the entire, regardless of having never sat in it. I'm a huge fan of how it all looks. Especially since I saw the optional two-tone seats, in CLOTH, I've known Chevy was doing it right. That is to say, most two tone seats are high-end leather. Which, I hope I can get, but to see such attention being paid to the low-end interiors as well is amazing.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Like Octane, the spy pics of the interior didn't exactly turn my crank when I saw them... but after experiencing it first hand, I can see that it makes a whole lot of sense. The main thing that stood out for me was the simplicity and how understated the overall effect was. It's very logical and the placement of buttons and switches make sense. It definitely looks and feels like quality. There were also some pretty neat features that I can't talk about, but we'll all know about them soon enough!
I find that I need to "grow into" a car's interior - meaning that I have to live with it for awhile to see how it functions in day-to-day livability before passing final judgment on it. All things considered, I don't think it would take a long time for me to feel very at home in this car's interior.

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
63 Posts
Like Octane, the spy pics of the interior didn't exactly turn my crank when I saw them... but after experiencing it first hand, I can see that it makes a whole lot of sense. The main thing that stood out for me was the simplicity and how understated the overall effect was. It's very logical and the placement of buttons and switches make sense. It definitely looks and feels like quality. There were also some pretty neat features that I can't talk about, but we'll all know about them soon enough!
I find that I need to "grow into" a car's interior - meaning that I have to live with it for awhile to see how it functions in day-to-day livability before passing final judgment on it. All things considered, I don't think it would take a long time for me to feel very at home in this car's interior.

Best regardSS,

Elie
Elie summed it up pretty well.
I think I can add a couple things, ...first, ...the quality. They have definitely stepped it up a number of notches, ...also keeping in mind what we saw, ...was not final. They kept telling us about little 'details' they were working on, ..."we're fine tuning that...".
The other thing(s) what we did NOT see and were briefed on..., ...there's more to come.
As someone mentioned, ...look at the Malibu interior, ...incredible job. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.