Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have missed a medium blue color - it's back!
But only for a limited time, don't miss your chance!

2013 Hot Wheels Camaro

The dream of millions of Hot Wheels fans of all ages will come when the Camaro Hot Wheels Edition arrives at Chevrolet dealerships early 2013. It's the first time a full-size, production Hot Wheels car has been offered for sale by any manufacturer. The Camaro Hot Wheels Edition will debut on Monday, Oct. 29, 2012 at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas.

A special run of the Camaro Hot Wheels Edition will be produced in the first quarter of 2013, and like the collectable toys on which it is based, when they're gone, they're gone.

The appearance of the Camaro Hot Wheels Edition echoes the cues that Hot Wheels enthusiasts recognize, including a vibrant, graphics accented metallic paint scheme and even the red lined wheels. The result is instantly recognizable as a Hot Wheels.

The Camaro Hot Wheels Edition is available in coupe and convertible models -- in 2LT (V-6) and 2SS (V-8) trims, blending exterior cues of the high performance Camaro ZL1 with a Kinetic Blue exterior color and unique graphics.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The question is...is it worth an extra $7K MSRP for the option???

I like the color. They really need that to be a regular choice.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
The question is...is it worth an extra $7K MSRP for the option???

I like the color. They really need that to be a regular choice.
I agree.... I really like the color. Wonder if it'll be a regular choice as well...?!?
It is a beautiful color and the best blue they've put on a Camaro so far...and I looooove both IBM & ABM. Since GM didn't mind screwing all the 2010 Limited Edition Synergy buyers by rereleasing the color in 2011...hopefully they'll do the same thing again if there's enough interest in the color like there was for SGM.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Yeah, that's too bad, Hillary. I was really hoping SGM would be a VERY limited color!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Very nice Tim...thanks for showing it to us. BTW...I'm curious...did GM stop making any kind of Synergy Edition in 2011?
Nevermind...I answered my own question. I see that GM just continued the same thing they did in 2011 with the Synergy Series...WOW...how boring. Why doesn't anyone at GM have a clue? They could have released a limited run of Synergy Editions every year in cool colors like Synergy Green, Kinetic Blue and Atomic Orange and made the Synergy name something cool, desirable and really sought after year to year...but instead they dummed it down to an interior appearance package basically and now who the hell even wants one?

UGGGGHHHH [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Looks like my prediction of two weeks ago came true :)
Then prove your worth and tell us when the Z28 will be here, Nostrodamus. :lol:

[Soapbox]
As far as dumbing down the Synergy series, I DO commend GM for offering SOMETHING for more than just "How do you want that, hard top or convertible?"

It's kind of, shall I say, - interesting - that the SGM for 2010 limited editon got hijacked for expanded use in 2011. But why? Because people asked for it and GM delivered. They could have said "no, sorry, 2010 special color only." But they didn't. They offered it to people requesting it and they got what they wanted. Sales and happy customers. As a customer, isn't getting what you asked for be what business relationships are all about?

But exclusivity seems to be what some people are looking for rather than enjoying the choice of "optional factory looks". And I get that. It's always neat to have a little bragging rights for a limited production vehicle, especially when you get in on the ground floor.

Remember it was Oldsmobile that used the slogan "Can we build on for you?" Camaro picked up where Oldsmobile left off. I wish they sold a million Synergy models, 0.8 million Dusk editions, etc. I want people to experience the enjoyment (and sometimes pain like early 'vert tops) of the new Camaro. In the end it may not be worth it to non-believers, but to the Camaro Nation natural-born citizens, it's a GREAT time to be a Camaro lover.[/Soapbox]

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
ThX Much for sharing the vid.. that was cool.

This is stupid.. from what I read.. both A6 & M6 & M8's are getting duel exhaust but not the A8's :angry:
Oh.. the door and dash inserts are black "? WTH".. probability w/no Ambient Lighting..ether :no:

I luv the red pen striping they did and keeping all the logo's red.. I first seen the rims and so wanted them.. but are they the 21's vs 22's !

The GFX kit kinda sucks.. stopping at the doors.. come on GM.. do the H.W. GFX kit that was done for camaro way back !!

Doing this car in a vert... is going to kill me..:lol:.. are those logo's on the outside metal or plastic ??

Awesome edition to the line :roxor:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
ThX Much for sharing the vid.. that was cool.
Is it a SS/RS.. its got the RS spoiler, badge where the SS would go on the grill.. is H.W. logo ? are those logo's on the outside metal or plastic ?
Hotrod- You can tell it's a RS by several different things. 1) It has the Halo Headlights, 2) The molding's on the roof are painted the same color as the car, not black, 3) The emblems are red, which signifies a RS.

The "Hot Wheels" loge on the fender, underneath "Camaro" is probably made out of the same material that the Camaro is made out of.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Hotrod- You can tell it's a RS by several different things. 1) It has the Halo Headlights, 2) The molding's on the roof are painted the same color as the car, not black, 3) The emblems are red, which signifies a RS.

The "Hot Wheels" loge on the fender, underneath "Camaro" is probably made out of the same material that the Camaro is made out of.
Yea figured out when I checked out the info given on other threads.

ThX bro... to bad their using the synergy blue again.. must be a popular color :D would of been nice to see a newer color tho.
& 7k jump is kinda a bad idea.. for the badge's/logo's IMO.

I luv IBM but I must admit I do luv this ABM color just as much !

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keep in mind that most of the $7K price tag is because of the wheels.
Look at the price of the other wheel packages, so aside from that, it's about $2300ish more (my estimates).

At this point Kinetic Blue will not be a regular production color at any time during the MY2013 build.

However, it could become a regular production color for MY2014 if it's popular enough.
Seeing as there is NO blue option right now, making this a regular production color would be a good idea IMHO.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Keep in mind that most of the $7K price tag is because of the wheels.
Look at the price of the other wheel packages, so aside from that, it's about $2300ish more (my estimates).

At this point Kinetic Blue will not be a regular production color at any time during the MY2013 build.

However, it could become a regular production color for MY2014 if it's popular enough.
Seeing as there is NO blue option right now, making this a regular production color would be a good idea IMHO.

Tim, I agree with you. I read somewhere else FBodfather making a statement about the color....

I really would like to see it in person. Jade may be turning a different shade of blue over the winter. :rolleyes:

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts