Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Camaro Focus Group members - aka "the 12 disciples of which there are 15" ;)

In regards to focus group information that has popped up recently, I've decided to make a thread where all the members of the focus group can post up and introduce themselves - if they choose to.

So I will make my best effort to get all 15 to stop by and say hi. :)

Here is our group picture from May 2007:

Standing are the 15 focus group members.

Kneeling in the front row (from L-R) are:
John Fitzpatrick - Camaro Marketing Manager
Scott Settlemire - The F-Bodfather
Tom Peters - Camaro Design Chief
Cheryl Pilcher - Camaro Product Manager

....and I'll let the cast introduce and locate themselves as they stop in. :)

I'm 4th from the left. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
...back row, ...standing next to the bald guy :D
I'm one of the 1st gen fans in the crowd. Along with my '02 SS vert I still keep a few '67's and '68's in the garage.
Once again having the opportunity to drive my '67. Copilot, ...none other, than chief designer, ...Tom Peters.

·
Registered
108 Posts
This is me (in the driver's seat):

In the group pic, I'm in the middle, in front of KevinK.
... and that's Cara at the extreme left in this shot - and Millie (cytruffle) is standing behind Cheryl Pilcher (looks to growing directly out of her back!!)
Oh yeah - and whaddaya know! I'm there again! (bald guy on the right holding the camera!)

Best regardSS,

Elie

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maggie here, in the group photo I am in the middle row, second from the left behind John F. The only one in the focus group who did not get the memo it was ok to bring a camera to the proving grounds :BangHead: I won't make that mistake again. Great to be on line with all of you again, I sure do miss the GM Insiders. Looking forward to seeing all of you again soon.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Ok, now that I have my new disciples to follow around, where and when are the church services? :D

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
... and that's Cara at the extreme left in this shot - and Millie (cytruffle) is standing behind Cheryl Pilcher (looks to growing directly out of her back!!)
Oh yeah - and whaddaya know! I'm there again! (bald guy on the right holding the camera!)

Best regardSS,

Elie

Right on Millie !!!!!!! ( cytruffle )
Wow I knew from a Hooters show in 2005 she knew the big guys but I had no clue right on !!!!
making Texas proud !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
In addition to my own, whose soul must I steal and sell to be part of your group?

Seriously, how were you selected? Very cool and I hope you all have a great time at the next meeting!

Did I mention: "How were you selected?"

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is me (in the driver's seat):

In the group pic, I'm in the middle, in front of KevinK.
Thats is so cool that you got invited to be apart of the focus group, Steve told me about the trip, I cant wait to see one in person!

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Borrowing words from Elie, here's how we were selected:

At one point there was a website, "gminsiders.com" (not around any longer) and at the time, members of the site were invited to write a 250 word essay on why they would make a good Camaro Enthusiast Focus Group member.

12 were chosen + 3 alternates. I guess since there was no way that any of the original 12 were gonna fall by the wayside, GM (perhaps with a little gentle persuasion from somebody) decided not to keep anybody in suspense and the original 12 shortly became 15!

Great cross-section of enthusiasts, BTW, in terms of age, focus, backgrounds etc.!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Borrowing words from Elie, here's how we were selected:

At one point there was a website, "gminsiders.com" (not around any longer) and at the time, members of the site were invited to write a 250 word essay on why they would make a good Camaro Enthusiast Focus Group member.

12 were chosen + 3 alternates. I guess since there was no way that any of the original 12 were gonna fall by the wayside, GM (perhaps with a little gentle persuasion from somebody) decided not to keep anybody in suspense and the original 12 shortly became 15!

Great cross-section of enthusiasts, BTW, in terms of age, focus, backgrounds etc.!!
Did GM fly you there? :eek:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts