Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone on ModernCamaro is affected by this problem.

If you are a Toyota owner (of any Toyota), how do you feel about the situation?

If you have one of the affected vehicles, how are you feeling?

Do you feel any different toward the brand or the vehicle?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Just curious if anyone on ModernCamaro is affected by this problem.

If you are a Toyota owner (of any Toyota), how do you feel about the situation?

If you have one of the affected vehicles, how are you feeling?

Do you feel any different toward the brand or the vehicle?
Not me, but these folks:

Would probably enjoy one of these:

If it was made by Toyota.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
My wife is worried about her Rav4...even though it's not one's recalled. Looks like we're going car shopping soon.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Check out that LaCrosse and Equinox!

Don't forget all the incentives that will have for you.
yup...although we didn't really want to get a new car before the winter is over...and of course we just put new tires on the $hitbox.:rolleyes:

·
Admin/ChevyBlazerRep
4,638 Posts
Nope my family is smart enough to drive American except they drive Dodge tho anyway Toyota got hit hard with this one

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I own a Toyota Tundra which I use for work purposes. It has been re-called. I think this could happen with any carmaker since the part was from an outside manufacturer. It is ironic though that Toyota had such a good reputation until they started building the cars over here. I'm just saying, Tundras are assembled in San Antonio and many of the other models are from the US.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
I didnt realize how bad this was till today. The two crashes that killed everyone in the car (cali and texas) and who knows how many others. The article I read today said it is costing Toyota over $1.5 million in profit per week that they have the production stopped for their cars. Just a mess. Glad I buy american.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I own a Toyota Tundra which I use for work purposes. It has been re-called. I think this could happen with any carmaker since the part was from an outside manufacturer. It is ironic though that Toyota had such a good reputation until they started building the cars over here. I'm just saying, Tundras are assembled in San Antonio and many of the other models are from the US.
it's got nothing to do where the car is built...this is a design flaw.

and it's not like they JUST stared building cars here. also the recall also includes cars overseas, which weren't built here.

also...I just heard that the replacement parts wont be available for everyone for many months. This has the potential to affect many more people besides those w/ toyota's. How many more accidents are gonna happen in the meantime while people are waiting for their non-killer gas pedals. This is a mess indeed.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ignorance is bliss to some Toyota owners, I suppose.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm affected. My side hurts from laughing so hard at my dad. I've actually gotten tired of saying "I told you so". :lol:
(I feel terrible about the people that lost there lives and by no means find that amusing, I hope who is responsible is held accountable)

Ignorance is bliss to some Toyota owners, I suppose.
From what I heard there are no JDM cars effected by the recalls. Apparently the JDM cars get all japanese made parts where the exported and US made cars get chinese parts to keep cost down. Isn't that great, we get ****tier models than the japs.
To the guy that posted it has something to with the cars being made in the US, are you serious?????? It's a part failure, not an assembly problem. Maybe you should have looked into an AMERICAN made F-150 or Silverado.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
It's a part failure, not an assembly problem. Maybe you should have looked into an AMERICAN made F-150 or Silverado.
Actually, it's a part failure due to the japanese youth wanting out of the auto industry. Look it up, it's kinda funny. Just like kids these days; I have facebook, I don't need no stinkin license or car! As such the older the engineers get; the more 'details slip on through'..

So in the end it's really just the times a changin.

And for the record; Silverados are built in Oshawa. Unless GM pulled a Ford and started building more vehicles state side; like they should have. <_<

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
My parents bought a Sienna minivan last summer. I begged them not to buy one but my dad had to have a minivan, I tried like hell to get them into a Acadia/Outlook. The Sienna is not on the recall list but my mom is worried but says they can't afford anything else. I refuse to ride in it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
My roommate is a closer for a local Toyota dealership, (he drives a Dodge), as far as the original question goes, yes he has been very affected by this whole thing. The day CNN announced the halt on production & hold on sales Toyota only told thier employees about a half an hour before hand, talk about a shock! He said it was one of thier busiest days, busy meaning just about half of the people who had bought a vehical (recalled model or not) were comming back in and demanding a refund! Ouch, that's gotta hurt if this is even a fraction of the status quo, can you immagine if even 10% of all car buyers in the last month came back in and demanded thier money back!?! I do feel sorry for him, but the bottom line is that Toyota subbed out work to another company, and then did not check the quality of the product they were receiving, he said you can actually SEE a difference in the same part on a Japaneese produced V.S. the part in question. Making a product cheaper to increase your profit margin is the goal of any business, but sacrificing quality, and above all safety just equates to greed. Toyota should have bitten the bullet sooner with the voluntary shut down and saved some lives instead of profit, bottom line.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts