Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Heather its going to be ok its just Snow/Water as long as it isnt driven it wont hurt your car.

Now drive it get salt on the car and let the salt lay on the hood and paint and you will have problems.

if there is any consolation tonight we are going to be getting down in the single digits.
The whole state is going under a panic attack here lol

Orange and white sure looks good ;) :lol:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a car cover on it...the wind blew it off one day doing like 50...it iced before I got to it, put it in the basement to get the ice out...and BAM this is here...

Sigh...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I have my fingers crossed for us getting some in Georgia today.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Were gonna get blasted tonight and tomorrow. Big winter storm coming down from canada. 4-6 inch possible in se michigan.
Luckily my cars are stored for the winter months. I have an old ford f-150 as my daily driver.
Although, I do miss driving the camaro. Come on June... or at least april. lol

:5thgendrive:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I thought everyone with any sense was leaving California. One day I'll come to my senses.

Yeah mebbe, me too. But where ya gonna find this much great weather throughout the year? Without all the bugs, snow, ice, humidity etc etc...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Yeah mebbe, me too. But where ya gonna find this much great weather throughout the year? Without all the bugs, snow, ice, humidity etc etc...
My fiance has family that lives in LA. They drove a motorhome across the country to visit over the summer. Her cousins (who are like 12-ish) were all baffled by all of the plastered bugs on the front of the RV. They had never seen anything like it before.

I have only been to LA once, and I fell in love. I just couldn't convince my fiance to make the move... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I dont trust car covers. I had a California car cover once that was said to Breath and let the moisture in and out however it was to keep dirt/tree sap along with UV rays and etc off the car. Yeah it breathed and did what it said.
However it also rubbed against the Car's paint and left an mark from the cover.

Folks this is water we are talking about FROZEN Water if you dont drive it then you wont get Salt and etc on your ride. Keep Wax on the car and Clay bar it and it will look better than if you just use a car cover.

My sits in the garage and I wont even put a carcover on it. Sure it gets dusty however thats an easy fix. Cars get dusty with Car covers.

Heather im sorry once again your car has to sit outside however its just WATER im more sorry you are not out cruising in it .

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree, that is why my car is in a garage. I'd still invest in a good cover if my car was to be outdoors. Better yet, I'd pay for indoor storage. This time of the year it's just snow and cold, but then comes the sun, heat, dust, pollen, kids playing around your car, etc. I'd hate to see my car (specially the hottest car of them all) exposed to all the elements. A car is a big investment. Take care of it.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Get the snow blower and some towels on that car now! Then take it out stat!

Seriously, snow over here in Toledo is just limited to the grass now, so I was able to take one out.

That, or at least start it up for crying out loud; sitting out in 10f isn't good for that thing if it's been asleep for more than 48hrs. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
I second that. Coming from New England, I sure don't miss cleaning ice and snow off my car, and trying to get my frozen doors open on my Z28 so I could get in it to start it up.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts