Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
think it's a strange feeling on the one hand to be excited about buying a car from a company possibly headed toward bankruptcy or at minimal, the strongest down turn in it's history ?
Does it give you an uneasy feeling as it does me ?
My son's livelyhood is at G.M. and I'm rooting for it's survival as much as anyone but between government regulations and the stranglehold the unions have and apparently won't relinquish, it seems to be a no win situation.
If we buy the car and G.M. can't support the warranty and/or parts become non existent, then what ?
I foresee many dealers going under and becoming few and far between.
And my always lingering question, what the heck does G.M. need with a GMC division of vehicles ?

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I think GM is looking at Ponitac, Buick, and GMC right now. Ditto cars, with the exception of the two BIG buick cars, which do well oversea's....but could EASILY be rebadged CHEVY.

I heard this has caused some to run to Toyota and Honda. One thing to consider - if GM suppliers go down, a large number of them are suppliers to the foreign car makers - which will bring them down as well.

They way I see it is - Camaro or 10 speed Schwinn.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought it was only Pontiac and Saturn that's going to kick the bucket.

And I think GM will continue to produce cars and trucks, with or without the government's help. If they get to the point to where they have to file for bankruptcy, then will do so, reorganize, and then come back stronger than ever.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I think GM is looking at Ponitac, Buick, and GMC right now. Ditto cars, with the exception of the two BIG buick cars, which do well oversea's....but could EASILY be rebadged CHEVY.

I heard this has caused some to run to Toyota and Honda. One thing to consider - if GM suppliers go down, a large number of them are suppliers to the foreign car makers - which will bring them down as well.

They way I see it is - Camaro or 10 speed Schwinn.
That would suck for my dealer.
It's a Pontiac Buick GMC dealership. :D

And I thought they were just going to downsize Pontiac instead of axing it.
I hope so, I <3 Pontiac.
GM always gets rid of my favorite brands. :( (rip Olds)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think GMC, Saturn and Hummer will all be gone.

GMC and hummer should have been gone a long time ago. I think that GM should keep Saturn because i think they are very affordable and practical vehicles. But I think in the end Saturn will be gone. Pontiac too will need to get cut back alot. I think they make too many ugly cars.

I hope that through all of this GM will come back stronger in the next year or two.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Eat those words about GMC Cheesewhizz. They have beautiful trucks.
they have good looking trucks but are the same as the silverado. GM has too many models and too many brands that are selling the same cars and trucks. They need to cut back....Sorry if i offended you. i am just giving my opinion.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
they have good looking trucks but are the same as the silverado. GM has too many models and too many brands that are selling the same cars and trucks. They need to cut back....Sorry if i offended you. i am just giving my opinion.
:agree::agree::agree:
they need to streamline

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I doubt it costs much to have double vehicles. Some people prefer the looks of the GMC over the Silverado. And GM tends to offer different packages and option mixes for the doubles..like my G5 vs the cobalt.
A new grille and taillights can't cost that much, they're built on the same line.
Your right a grill or some tail lights don't cost that much. But how much does it cost to bulid 500 tahoes and 500 of the very similar envoy ( I think that is the model). Why not buy a silverado or table/ suburbon and if you want a different grill add it on same with tail lights add it on. No need to build all these vehicals that have 5 different trim lines and the same car with different names. Make 2 trim lines and have the rest as add on accessories. Ford has the same problem with that you have like seven different trim lines to choose from if you want a f150.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Your right a grill or some tail lights don't cost that much. But how much does it cost to bulid 500 tahoes and 500 of the very similar envoy ( I think that is the model). Why not buy a silverado or table/ suburbon and if you want a different grill add it on same with tail lights add it on. No need to build all these vehicals that have 5 different trim lines and the same car with different names. Make 2 trim lines and have the rest as add on accessories. Ford has the same problem with that you have like seven different trim lines to choose from if you want a f150.
It's nice having options. That way you pay for exactly what you want, and don't end up paying for something you don't want.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts