Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the green light from the boss (wife) to move forward on getting an Camero! So, doing a little research, it seems each of the 8 or so dealerships in the Washington, DC area each have between 4-6 2SS's collecting dust on the lots. I hope they are all getting ready to sharpen their pencils 'cause I'm ready to buy! Yippie! After that's done...it's mod time, baby!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am leaning black real hard, but ****....all colors look good on the Camero! I have not seen blue in real life...only in photos. My wife said, "No yellow". What color is yours?

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I am leaning black real hard, but ****....all colors look good on the Camaro! I have not seen blue in real life...only in photos. My wife said, "No yellow". What color is yours?
I don't own a new camaro but I'd go with the blue or white one.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Search this site for ABM pics, although the pics here still do not do the color justice, it is a lot better than the GM web site dose. If you get a chance, now that you can go down to a dealership and actually see the colors in person, do that before making any final choices. I bought IBM and still would have regardless, but the ABM really suprised me when I saw it in person:eek:, and plus you canstill manage to get one now if you like it, soon that will not be the case.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
For real, I agree about ABM.
Every time I see it in person I think "****, did I get the wrong color?"
It is that good, seriously.

And also, if any of those dealers give you any grief, contact one of our sponsoring dealers, they'll treat you right!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My opinion is the blue is the richest, best looking color if you don't consider stripes. Looking at the red jewel tintcoat next to the blue, I had a tough time choosing. But when you add a stripe to the equation, I just don't think there is a good comination with the blue. Silver maybe? I've seen blue/white and don't like it.

GM really kicked ass on colors for this car! Makes it tough. The black is awsome as well, just a bit harder to keep pristine.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Look at the used Camaros being sold by Camaro forum members. Sometimes you can get good deals.

Black will be twice as hard to clean as any other color.

Also start wearing the pants in the family. :lol:

·
Banned
95 Posts
I have the green light from the boss (wife) to move forward on getting an Camaro! So, doing a little research, it seems each of the 8 or so dealerships in the Washington, DC area each have between 4-6 2SS's collecting dust on the lots. I hope they are all getting ready to sharpen their pencils 'cause I'm ready to buy! Yippie! After that's done...it's mod time, baby!!!
I went to Criswell and in spite of their large selection ended up ordering. If you want to know whom I'm working with there, let me know.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
My opinion is the blue is the richest, best looking color if you don't consider stripes. Looking at the red jewel tintcoat next to the blue, I had a tough time choosing. But when you add a stripe to the equation, I just don't think there is a good comination with the blue. Silver maybe? I've seen blue/white and don't like it.

GM really kicked ass on colors for this car! Makes it tough. The black is awsome as well, just a bit harder to keep pristine.
:agree:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Funny, the Chevy website does not even have ABM as a choice to "build you own" Camero. Anyway, I saw the IBM up close and really like it. Took it for a spin...got a quote for about $1k under MSRP. SS/RS, sunroof, polished rims. Is that a fair deal?

·
Registered
61 Posts
fair deal?

Funny, the Chevy website does not even have ABM as a choice to "build you own" Camaro. Anyway, I saw the IBM up close and really like it. Took it for a spin...got a quote for about $1k under MSRP. SS/RS, sunroof, polished rims. Is that a fair deal?
I was able to get about $3,500.00 knocked off my drive out at MSRP two weeks ago. Some of that could have been higher bids on my trade, but I don't think so. I think they were willing to give up about that much profit.

Mine is a 2SS RS with about everything but the sunroof. MSRP was about $38.5K. Keep in mind the 2011's probably are not too far off.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tough choice

I just bought a Silver 1SS w/black Rally Stripes. I was able to get it for under invoice, but I had to drive about 3 hours to West Virginia. I live in Pittsburgh, but the trip was worth it.

I had a hard time with color choice also. They all look great. I had it narrowed down to Blue/white stripes, Cyber Gray with Black stripes, and Silver with Black Stripes. Finding one equipped the way I wanted it for a good price is what decided it. I still second-guess myself whenever I see the other colors, but I'm still happy with my choice.

Good luck. You can't go wrong with any of your choices.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I was able to get about $3,500.00 knocked off my drive out at MSRP two weeks ago. Some of that could have been higher bids on my trade, but I don't think so. I think they were willing to give up about that much profit.
There's not that much profit in a Camaro. It was your trade.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts