Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
BOooooooooooooooooooooo!:thumbsdown:
oh well...can't make everyone happy all the time. I think the RS is worth it just for the halo's...they look soooooo much better than the stock headlights. If the RS price is a big deal for you, just wait for the aftermarket to catch up, I'm sure you'll be able to get them.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
i feel ya. i had to have those halo headlights. i just love 'em... so i had to order the RS pkg. u get some other cool stuff in the pkg so i was cool with it... i liked the idea of the body color roof molding since i'll have a lighter color car :D

RS Package
Optional on 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS
- High-Intensity Discharge (HID) Headlamps with LED halo ring
- Spoiler on LT Model
- 20 inch 5 spoke wheel in Midnight silver paint finish (optional polished finish)
- RS unique darkened tail lamp lenses
- Body Colored roof Ditch molding
- Special RS Badging (when combined with SS, SS badging is red)

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
You could just order the lights from the parts department once they become available.

The individual part numbers and prices for the lights from what information I gathered will be so expensive that it would be a much wiser choice to order your car with the RS package.

If you end up with a car without the RS package make friends at the salvage yards. They should be a plug in swap on wiring.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Are you guys sure that the RS bulbs are don't need anything else? I would hate to plug those suckers in only to blow a fuse or something, do they need balast etc..?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
The capsule, ballast, bulb, halo ring, and jumper harness in all included in one part number. one for left one for right.

Once I can verify the numbers are valid and showing in the catalogs I'll post them up.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
The capsule, ballast, bulb, halo ring, and jumper harness in all included in one part number. one for left one for right.

Once I can verify the numbers are valid and showing in the catalogs I'll post them up.
My SLK320 has the same type of assembly (minus halos), but they cost $1600 each MSRP (that's $3200 for a pair of headlights mon!). I hope the GM lamp assemblies cost less.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
My SLK320 has the same type of assembly (minus halos), but they cost $1600 each MSRP (that's $3200 for a pair of headlights mon!). I hope the GM lamp assemblies cost less.
I can't tell you what the unit-price for the GM lamp assemblies but I can tell you that you can get them factory-installed (with halos) for only $600 each, MSRP -- and they'll throw in body-colored drip moldings, dark tails, smoked wheels, unique badging, etc. for free...

:D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I can't tell you what the unit-price for the GM lamp assemblies but I can tell you that you can get them factory-installed (with halos) for only $600 each, MSRP -- and they'll throw in body-colored drip moldings, dark tails, smoked wheels, unique badging, etc. for free...

:D
that's a pretty good deal;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I found it not to be worth it personally especailly with the ss2 package, especially after consulting with a coworker whos father own a shop and inquiring as to the price of after market halos on various new cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts