Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Depends on you. If you like it then yes its worth the 2400 bucks. Some people can't justify giving that much extra for some halos and wheels. So it's your call. I personally like them so yes i am goin to get the RS package.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Depends on you. If you like it then yes its worth the 2400 bucks. Some people can't justify giving that much extra for some halos and wheels. So it's your call. I personally like them so yes i am goin to get the RS package.
Man if you're paying $2400 for the RS package, you are nuts. The RS on the SS is only $1200. Sorry :p

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
It was the halos that sold me on the RS pkg. I like the wheels too but it was more so the headlights. Isnt the RS pkg on the SS 1200 not 2400?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Man if you're paying $2400 for the RS package, you are nuts. The RS on the SS is only $1200. Sorry :p
:agree: is it possible a dealer could over charge someone on options like that and then basically sell the car at "msrp"? If so thats messed up

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sorry couldn't remember off the top my head. didn't feel like looking it up. sorry for the bogus number, i learned my lesson

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just wondering? To me it seems like an upgrade in wheels, and better headlights. Talking about the SS model.
The bang for the buck is definitely better on the LT.

Is it worth it to you? is the question.

On the SS you get HID with Halo, moldings on the roof match paint instead of black, darker tail light glass, midnight silver wheels instead of sterling silver painted and Red SS badges instead of silver.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bang for the buck is definitely better on the LT.

Is it worth it to you? is the question.

On the SS you get HID with Halo, moldings on the roof match paint instead of black, darker tail light glass, midnight silver wheels instead of sterling silver painted and Red SS badges instead of silver.
Don't crucify me here, but all of those things (except maybe the painted molding) could be bought aftermarket for probably cheaper (minus wheels).
I'm just saying.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Don't crucify me here, but all of those things (except maybe the painted molding) could be bought aftermarket for probably cheaper (minus wheels).
I'm just saying.
But then quality is suspect. Aftermarket HIDs work but you get what you pay for. It's also illegal to put HIDs in a non-projector housing, meaning you would have to obtain aftermarket copies of the Halo Projectors from the RS package or acquire OEM units somehow. HIDs in reflector units (as are stock on the Camaro) are worthless (light output is LESS than a standard halogen bulb in a reflector) and they blind people quite a bit (you will get flipped A LOT).

Aftermarket projector housings work but the quality is never quite at OEM level (they leak, fog, etc. etc.). And for ones that are OEM level or better you're going to pay quite a bit.

Finally, when you have it done at the factory, you know all the wiring is correct and won't cause any issues. Also it's covered by warranty! :thumbsup:

So ultimately, sometimes it's just easier and more cost effective to just buy a factory package.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about modding (been modding cars for over 6 years now), but in the long run doing it right is worth it sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts